chelli v ABBEY £6k+

chelli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am now near the stage of taking ABBEY to court. i have sent the last request letter and they have got 4 more days to reply. I have completed my claim online and save this ready for the next stage, and i have completed the new charges sheets which include the 8%interest. Is there anything else i have to do - i have read that many forums my head is spinning hee hee!:rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything else i have to do
YES. Make yourself a cup of coffee, get a few biscuits to dunk, sit down and enjoy.

Nothiing to do until you hear from the courts.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

hi rooster-uk

quick question (soz can't sit down for five minutes!)

i am adding a few more charges to my total - should i send the bank a letter to inform them that my claim has changed or let them see the new amount when the court papers are sent. I haven't sent my court papers, that being done tomorrow. well nervous !!!

:???: chelli

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

let them see in the court papers, no need to write to them again, you are entitled to add everything Taken from your account up to the date you issue the claim. The only thing you cant include are pending charges.

Submitted court papers today aaahhhhhh i actually took the papers into my county court and was totally nervous, but the staff were really helpful

so Abbey have as of friday, 14 days to respond.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

your a long way off that stage Chelli, however there is a thread in the templates section called basic court bundle, all you need is in there. There rest of the bundle consists of your correspondence , statements and letters received. The court will advise you when this is required and it will be after AQ stage, however there are a number of cases now where the defence is being struck out or other alternatives being issued by judges so it may even boil down to the fact that you don't need one if that happens.

My suggestion would be download the zip file now have a read so you are prepared and then just leave it until it is needed. It's a lot of printing and copying and will run to about 100 pages in triplicate 300... so give your printer a rest for the moment.

• Haha 1

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

thanks noobrider

i thinks that i have been reading toooooooo many threads getting alittle confused and i am really not that keen on printing 300+ pages. i will read both of your thread as it looks like i will be following your path

thanks again

chelli

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have just got a letter from the courts Abbey has filed an acknowledgement of service on MAY 4th and now have 28 days to file a defence:rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

usual stuff. They do seem to be filing their sham template defences a little earlier now though. Just got my letter from court stating that the AQ has been dispensed with

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

hi

i have just recieved a letter from the abbey with a GOGW offer. i have sent off a letter declining this. Do i need to inform the courts that i have been offered this part settlement, as the bank has transfered this to my account and probably wont be taking it out?

Also i am unsure what happens next - after the banks acknowledgement to defend. Do i just wait and do nothing for the 28 days? I haven't recieved any letters from the bank, apart from the gogw which doesn't mention anything regarding the court case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does the GOGW offer have 'without prejudice' in it anywhere ? I'm very suprised that they've just dumped the money into your account without even an offer letter at this stage of the game - they surely know it's now in the courts system.

I'm at the same stage as yourself with Abbey. N1 was filed last month and they've replied with a hand scrawled 'intend to defend' form. Up to now, Abbey haven't even offered anything - so it'll be interesting to see what I get in the post this week.

I'm already starting to get my court bundles ready : just scanning all the statements into PDF format to make printing everything off easier.

ABBEY : Seeking £1500 : Default Judgement Received - now set aside- AQ dispensed, awaiting court date

Barclaycard : WON : Seeking £380, offered £152. : Full settlement £510 + costs

EGG Card : WON : £168 FULL SETTLEMENT within 3 Weeks

HSBC : WON : Sought £1500+ : Full Settlement £2375.89 received 4 months start to end

hi elisedriver

There was no mention of the offer being 'without prejudice'. they have carried out a full investigation and have decided to give me a gogw of £1300, but only actually refund £1250 into my account.From reading other abbey threads this gogw is pretty normal - be warned if you get one check the amount that has actually been put into your account as it is never the same as what is on their letter!

i think they are trying different tatics with each case - they must have PILE.1 - ah just accept them; PILE.2 - shove a bizare amount of loose change int their account(and they might go away); PILE.3 - send out random letters (and we might confuse them) and PILE.4 - ignore them!

Cannot wait to see what i get next?!:rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you also get a reply from the courts with ref to abbey defending, as well as the letter from the abbey.

I have only had the courts reply which noted that abbey intend to defend well confused now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All I got was a photocopy of the reply form with the "defend full amount" box ticked - and this was sent to me by the court, with the courts attached covering letter.

My complete timeline :

25/03/2007 : Initial request for repayment sent

30/03/2007 : Abbey photocopied response letter

11/04/2007 : LBA sent

27/04/2007 : N1 Filed

28/04/2007 : Bog standard photocopied letter dated 25/4/07 received from Abbey stating sorry it's take four weeks - but it could take another 4 weeks for them to look at my 'compliant'.

04/05/2007 : Abbey sent their intend to defend to the court

On the whole, it appears Abbey just aren't into the 'communication thing'

ABBEY : Seeking £1500 : Default Judgement Received - now set aside- AQ dispensed, awaiting court date

Barclaycard : WON : Seeking £380, offered £152. : Full settlement £510 + costs

EGG Card : WON : £168 FULL SETTLEMENT within 3 Weeks

HSBC : WON : Sought £1500+ : Full Settlement £2375.89 received 4 months start to end

• 3 weeks later...

On the 27th day the scabbey have sent a intention to defend letter and on friday i recieved an AQ from the court. Getting that "why did i start this " headache!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

started to fill in AQ today (N150) and i am alittle confused with Proposed directions . I have just copied a draft order for directions but not sure if i should tick the box to say they have been agreed with the other parties.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

p.s is anyone out there getting a bit nervous at the moment with cases being thrown out or is just me all on my own being silly?????????????????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chelli, you can read about those cases on this site, once you understand why they were dismissed and what actually happened, it will become clear that there isnt much to be too worried about, but if you receive anything from Court or Abbey then just post it on here for us to look at and we can advise on the best course of action, in the meantime, just keep reading and you will see that most of the cases follow the same, well trodden path.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

chelli i have read on these threads somewhere there is a number or email you can call to ask abbey to settle before court have a read around the abbey threads it must be worth a try.Could save you alot of work.