• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

maddie v alliance leic.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i joiined this web site june 2006, i got frightened and didnt do anything about my bank charges. i now intend to do something about it, i have my statements and are writting all my charges down. not yet added them up as i need to know if i can claim paid item charges, can anyone help me.

can any one tell me if i can claim monthly over draft charges. i have been charged £25.oo several times some months i am carged£5.00 which is the standing monthly payment for having the over draft. i have not added these £25.00 charges in my shedule i have sent alliance and leic. will it be to late and can i claim them. thanks kindly

monthly od charge 16 oct 16 nov £25.00 so i can claim this back, it will up my charges back alot more than i have claimed for, can i just send them a letter re calculating my £25.00 charges, and just say i did not add them on and send another schedule with all charges on or just the monthly od c.harges, thanx.

hi, i have just sent alliance MY BANK CHARGES OF £496.00 and adding the interest on of 8% which i relise now i shouldnt have, untill it went to court but to late, its on its way to them. with the interest the total was £648.55 sent 23.4.07 could i have claimed my monthly od charge £25.00 :(

I wouldn't have thought it would be too much of a problem adding your interest at this stage ... it's just that it's more of a negotiating tool if you don't try and claim this initially.

I've added my monthly OD charges, though it's debatable whether I should have included all of them :rolleyes:

Good luckicon7.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

gmc

The authorised OD charge is £5 and is not recoverable. The £25 is the unauthorised rate and is therefore recoverable and should be recovered.

After the 14 days send your LBA and include the £25 charges that you missed in your schedule of charges and interest (8%/annum/charge).

Make sure that the LBA includes a sentence that draws the banks attention to the fact that the schedule is an updated version containing charges that you had previously missed. Should'nt have any problems then.

So what happens if you do claim for the £5 OD charges, which amount to a small proportion of my claim? Also, have a number of £10 OD charges going back to 2000/2001 which I've also claimed for. Any ideas?

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If you have claimed the £5 OD charges by mistake, when you send the next schedule remove them from the spreadsheet and annotate your covering letter (prelim/lba/attachment to N1/MCOL) that this is an updated schedule of charges.

For your info, here is a list of charges that were applied to A&L accounts, taken from bank statement Tarrifs and Charges and the period that the charges applied to:

1 Jan 00 to 11 Oct 01

Authorised OD Charge - £8.00 - Cannot be claimed

Unauthorised OD Charge - £10 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - £3.50/day charged upto max of 15 days per month (£52.50) - Can be claimed

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £27.50 - Can be claimed

12 Oct 01 to 7 Jan 01

Unauthorised OD Charge - £10 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - £3.50/day upto max of 15 days per month (£52.50) - Can be claimed

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £27.50 - Can be claimed

8 Jan 02 to 1 Dec 02

Unauthorised OD Charge - £25 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - Nil

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £29.50 - Can be claimed

2 Dec 02 to 31 Jul 04

Authorised OD Charge - £5.00 - Cannot be claimed

Unauthorised OD Charge - £25 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - Nil

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £29.50 - Can be claimed

I dont have the charge details after this date to hand as they are on a spreadsheet at home. The charges that you can claim are highlighted.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards

K

Thanks a lot for that. I've already submitted my interest schedule though to MCOL and the bank and included all the figures in the particulars of claim. Out of interest, what would happen do you think if I just left things as they are?

Also, what about Paid Item Charges?

Many thanks

your claim

Money Claim Online ... it's the route you take if you want to take the bank to court online, rather than go straight to your local court.

(www.moneyclaim.gov.uk).

your claim

can u tell me if this is right i can claim my monthly od charge if it is £25 on my statement it says 2.02.2002 monthly od charge £25.00 then another month my monthly od charge £8.00 OR IS IT I CAN ONLY CLAIM IF IT SAYS ON STATEMENT UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE. this can get quite stressful dont you think, but not going to give up. they owe me alot more than i have calculated i have unauthorized daily od charge 9 days @ £3.50 = £31.50 that i did not put on schedule to alliance there is alot of these, which add up to alot. should i go to template of schedules and put this on without the interest then i guess i send them on to bank with a explanation that i had left charges off. thanks.

gmc

you are correct. The authorised OD charges started off at £8 then went to £5 and you cannot recover these. The others, £10, £25 etc you can and most definetly the £3.50/day.

Good luck and let people know where you're at if you need advice, help or support

Hi gmcdonald,

Welcome to the forum.

Claim it back,

Please use this link to start a thread in the A&L forum.

Title it Gmcdonald V A&L

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=47

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advice.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If this helps please tip the scales,Left.

• Haha 1

Guest louis wu
on several statements i have been charged £25.00 monthly o.d charge instead of the normal £5.00 can i claim the £25.00 BACK?:( on statement it does not say unauthorized o.d charge.:!:

The simple test on what to claimis this. You have been charged a fixed amount for a specific reason, has it cost A&L that amount to tell you and manage your account? Although I dont bank with A&L, the £25 looks like a 'penalty' charge to me.

Have a look in the A&L forum to see what others are saying, you will not be the only one to have this on a statement.

Best of luck

Louis