gmcdonald

maddie v alliance leic.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4320 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:mad: is there any one who knows whether i can claim back paid item charges

i joiined this web site june 2006, i got frightened and didnt do anything about my bank charges. i now intend to do something about it, i have my statements and are writting all my charges down. not yet added them up as i need to know if i can claim paid item charges, can anyone help me.

can any one tell me if i can claim monthly over draft charges. i have been charged £25.oo several times some months i am carged£5.00 which is the standing monthly payment for having the over draft. i have not added these £25.00 charges in my shedule i have sent alliance and leic. will it be to late and can i claim them. thanks kindly

No you cannot claim monthly overdraft fee (£5)

You can claim unauthorised overdraft fees of £15-£25 (depends on what they have charged you)

my current charges are £496.00 with interest £648.00 without adding monthly over dfaft charges. if able to get these back

Which interest do you mean??

monthly od charge 16 oct 16 nov £25.00 so i can claim this back, it will up my charges back alot more than i have claimed for, can i just send them a letter re calculating my £25.00 charges, and just say i did not add them on and send another schedule with all charges on or just the monthly od c.harges, thanx.

i went to temp plate that calculates bank charges and interest.

the interest on my bank charges.

hi, i have just sent alliance MY BANK CHARGES OF £496.00 and adding the interest on of 8% which i relise now i shouldnt have, untill it went to court but to late, its on its way to them. with the interest the total was £648.55 sent 23.4.07 could i have claimed my monthly od charge £25.00 :(

I wouldn't have thought it would be too much of a problem adding your interest at this stage ... it's just that it's more of a negotiating tool if you don't try and claim this initially.

I've added my monthly OD charges, though it's debatable whether I should have included all of them :rolleyes:

Good luckicon7.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

thanks for reply new to this, :D

gmc

The authorised OD charge is £5 and is not recoverable. The £25 is the unauthorised rate and is therefore recoverable and should be recovered.

After the 14 days send your LBA and include the £25 charges that you missed in your schedule of charges and interest (8%/annum/charge).

Make sure that the LBA includes a sentence that draws the banks attention to the fact that the schedule is an updated version containing charges that you had previously missed. Should'nt have any problems then.

So what happens if you do claim for the £5 OD charges, which amount to a small proportion of my claim? Also, have a number of £10 OD charges going back to 2000/2001 which I've also claimed for. Any ideas?

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If you have claimed the £5 OD charges by mistake, when you send the next schedule remove them from the spreadsheet and annotate your covering letter (prelim/ lba/attachment to N1/ MCOL) that this is an updated schedule of charges.

For your info, here is a list of charges that were applied to A&L accounts, taken from bank statement Tarrifs and Charges and the period that the charges applied to:

1 Jan 00 to 11 Oct 01

Authorised OD Charge - £8.00 - Cannot be claimed

Unauthorised OD Charge - £10 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - £3.50/day charged upto max of 15 days per month (£52.50) - Can be claimed

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £27.50 - Can be claimed

12 Oct 01 to 7 Jan 01

Unauthorised OD Charge - £10 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - £3.50/day upto max of 15 days per month (£52.50) - Can be claimed

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £27.50 - Can be claimed

8 Jan 02 to 1 Dec 02

Unauthorised OD Charge - £25 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - Nil

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £29.50 - Can be claimed

2 Dec 02 to 31 Jul 04

Authorised OD Charge - £5.00 - Cannot be claimed

Unauthorised OD Charge - £25 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - Nil

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £29.50 - Can be claimed

I dont have the charge details after this date to hand as they are on a spreadsheet at home. The charges that you can claim are highlighted.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards

K

Thanks a lot for that. I've already submitted my interest schedule though to MCOL and the bank and included all the figures in the particulars of claim. Out of interest, what would happen do you think if I just left things as they are?

Also, what about Paid Item Charges?

Many thanks

your claim

Money Claim Online ... it's the route you take if you want to take the bank to court online, rather than go straight to your local court.

(www.moneyclaim.gov.uk).

your claim

can u tell me if this is right i can claim my monthly od charge if it is £25 on my statement it says 2.02.2002 monthly od charge £25.00 then another month my monthly od charge £8.00 OR IS IT I CAN ONLY CLAIM IF IT SAYS ON STATEMENT UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE. this can get quite stressful dont you think, but not going to give up. they owe me alot more than i have calculated i have unauthorized daily od charge 9 days @ £3.50 = £31.50 that i did not put on schedule to alliance there is alot of these, which add up to alot. should i go to template of schedules and put this on without the interest then i guess i send them on to bank with a explanation that i had left charges off. thanks.

gmc

you are correct. The authorised OD charges started off at £8 then went to £5 and you cannot recover these. The others, £10, £25 etc you can and most definetly the £3.50/day.

Good luck and let people know where you're at if you need advice, help or support

on several statements i have been charged £25.00 monthly o.d charge instead of the normal £5.00 can i claim the £25.00 BACK?:( on statement it does not say unauthorized o.d charge.:!:

thank you all for your help i will now recalculate all my charges which will add up to alot more than i origanally sent alliance/leic. ;)

Hi gmcdonald,

Welcome to the forum.

Claim it back,

Please use this link to start a thread in the A&L forum.

Title it Gmcdonald V A&L

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=47

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advice.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If this helps please tip the scales,Left.

• Haha 1

Guest louis wu
on several statements i have been charged £25.00 monthly o.d charge instead of the normal £5.00 can i claim the £25.00 BACK?:( on statement it does not say unauthorized o.d charge.:!:

The simple test on what to claimis this. You have been charged a fixed amount for a specific reason, has it cost A&L that amount to tell you and manage your account? Although I dont bank with A&L, the £25 looks like a 'penalty' charge to me.

Have a look in the A&L forum to see what others are saying, you will not be the only one to have this on a statement.

Best of luck

Louis