• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MJ versus A&L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MJ, you really want to chill!

As the saying goes 'don't cross your bridges before you come to them'. You're just storing up trouble for yourself if you do. Unless of course you're one of those people who just love to worry.

I've always found that worrying over something doesn't make it any better, and if what you're worrying about doesn't happen then you've worried for no reason!

If you've followed the tried and tested formula of the BAG, you'll be fine. A&L use scare tactics, and reading round the threads you'll see it works, most people are scared witless! They keep up the fight though, that's the main thing. Just like you are doing.

Forget about the court bundle for now. Read round the threads again and take comfort from those who've finished the fight and received their money.

You WILL get your cheque. :cool:

• Haha 1

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ, you really want to chill!

As the saying goes 'don't cross your bridges before you come to them'. You're just storing up trouble for yourself if you do. Unless of course you're one of those people who just love to worry.

I've always found that worrying over something doesn't make it any better, and if what you're worrying about doesn't happen then you've worried for no reason!

If you've followed the tried and tested formula of the BAG, you'll be fine. A&L use scare tactics, and reading round the threads you'll see it works, most people are scared witless! They keep up the fight though, that's the main thing. Just like you are doing.

Forget about the court bundle for now. Read round the threads again and take comfort from those who've finished the fight and received their money.

You WILL get your cheque. :cool:

Yes, I'm worried ... partly because I included some service charges I should not have done and partly because I'm claiming on behalf of a relative who can't cope with any of this at the moment for personal reasons. I've told her not to worry about anything and I'll do all the worrying for her ... can't let her down can I:rolleyes:

Seriously, thanks for the kind and wise words and I will try to chillicon7.gif

x

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks Mochamooicon7.gif Once this is all over, my sister can take me out to get wildly drunk ... the least she can do.:rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted ...

x

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Defence arrived this morning (as expected!)icon9.gif

My sister is bringing it over tomorrow, so I can have a look at it. Am I right in thinking she doesn't have to reply to it? I'll have a look through and, if I'm not sure about any of the points ... "I'll be back!"

Expect an endless stream of questions to all you good people:rolleyes:

x

your claim

Can someone help please ...

I've read my sister's defence and Clause 10 states the following :-

"The claimant has failed to particularise the claim against the defendent adequately or at all and the claimant is requested to particularise each and every charge that the claimant alleges the defendent has added to the account, specifying the amount charged, the dates of the charge and the explanation given for the charge".

Clause 11 :

"The defendent repeats paragraph 2 above."

The full list of charges and interest has already been sent to the bank (and the court) ... should I also forward this to the solicitors? If so, should I just keep the letter brief and give them no further info.?

I've inadvertently "over-claimed" some charges (£5 OD monthly charges) to the tune of £200 (a small proportion of the claim ... should I just let it continue and claim ignorance?

Thanks for any help.

your claim

Don't want to start another thread as such, so please see my thread below ... I'd really appreciate a reply:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/84991-mj-versus-l-2.html

your claim

What did your particulars of claim say? Is the total amount of charges in your schedule, the same amount as your POC?

If the 5.00 charge only occurs in the months you went overdrawn, then it can be claimed.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the reply.

The POC are worded as per the template and do tally with the schedule ... everything's been done to the book, apart from the service charges I'm uncertain about. Not sure if my sister was overdrawn at the times when the £5 was charged, I'll have to check. As these charges were incurred over a number of years, I would say at times she was and at times she wasn't.

Do you think it best just to send the detailed schedule to the solicitors (who are claiming the charges are not particularised) and see what happens from there?

Thanks.

your claim

Yes, just send them a copy with a brief covering letter.

Dear xxxx

Claim no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please find attached detailed schedule of charges, which it appears from the defence submitted in the above case, you have not received. The bank and the court have already received this, but I attach a copy for your information.

I trust that this will meet your needs, but please let me know if you need any further information to help resolve the matter as I am keen to settle it quickly and avoid wasting the courts time.

Your sincerely

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Many thanks for your helpicon7.gif

No doubt I'll be back soon with more questions when I hear from the courtrolleyes.gif

your claim

Hi there,

I've read a couple of posts in other forums where people are presuming that, if the bank's solicitor doesn't turn up in court for the hearing date, they automatically win by default.

I was under the impression that you still had to state your case before any judgement was made, even though it obviously wouldn't look good if the defendant doesn't turn up:rolleyes:.

Which is right?

your claim

Can someone please give me some advice ... I've now had notification that proceedings have been transferred to my local court, though no date as yet :-

- I've been told there's no AQ, but a fee may be payable, so will ring the court re. this.

- I have 14 days to apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Is this when I should now send off the Draft Order for Directions to ask the judge to consider it, or should I wait for a date first?

- Also, is now the right time to send the first "nudge" letter to Wragge (when I know from the court if an extra fee is payable)?

- Do we continue to work in calendar days rather than working days?

- I feel that I should start to get my court bundle together. I've read that 3 copies are required, but that you should take the originals to court. Isn't it therefore only necessary to have 2 copies ... one for Wragge, one for the court and I take the originals? I don't obviously intend to copy the bundle yet, but would appreciate knowing in advance as there'll be so much to copy if needs be.:rolleyes:

Any help with the above much appreciated.

your claim

I need exact answers to help.

1. How much was the claim on your Particulars of Claim?

2. How much are you now claiming?

3. How much was on the spreadsheet you sent in?

4. How much were you claiming on your preliminary request for payment.

5. How much was the cheque that your returned?

6. Is there any mention of the charges that you now say that you should not have claimed in the defence?

7. What type of A&L account is this?

8. Please post your POC so that I can check it.

It is not at all usual to be able to claim a higher amount once the claim has started without applying to the court for permission to amend your claim on an N244 and paying the appropriate fee.

Hi Caro,

I want to send you a PM, but you have no space left ... could you clear some space for me please.

Mimi x

your claim

Might be easier to email [email protected]

I've tried to reply to your email 3 times from 2 different email addresses but it keeps coming back undelivered. I have no idea what the problem is.

Could you also send me a scan of the defence please.

Hi there,

Sorry you're having problems emailing me. Just asked a friend to reply to an email and it's arrived OK, so not sure what the problem is.

I've sent you a scanned copy of the defence.

Perhaps reply on here if you can't email, though I'd appreciate you being careful with sensitive info.

Mimi

your claim

I wonder if my email is being rejected as it is not on your list of contacts or safe addys. Also, although I had the email about the defence, the defence wasn't actually attached.

EDIT

It might be a good idea to post your defence on here MJ. A&L know what's in it already, and it might help other people to see what to expect. I see you are not the only person who has had a defence, so it seems they are finally changing their tactics.

I've added your email to my contact list, if you want to try again. Don't understand about the scanned copies not being visible ... I can see them on my email to you. I'll get onto this and have another go.

your claim

hi wondered if any one can help me ive been done the sending all the letters path but still no joy infact i even called the a&l and was basically told to get lost so now just starting the court process. Ive part filled out my mcol but am i little confused there seems to be a lot of people talking about a spread sheet of charges? ive got a full list of my charges going back to march 03 adding up to over 5000.00 if im supposed to send these with my mcol how do i do it?? need help!!!