• Tweets

• Thanks all for all your input. I have decided to follow this all the way. So far, I have not replied to Alliance Parking's original NTK letter. The time-period for the reduced amount has now finished, and the time to appeal (21 days from the date of letter) will finish on 25th Apr. No further comms received from Alliance Parking. Could you please guide me, for my readiness, on what happens next? Am I going to start receiving letters from Alliance Parking > Debt Collector letters > Letter of Claim? Who sends me the Letter of Claim - Alliance Parking / Debt Collectors / Solicitors / court? How many weeks / months from now is this likely to be? Once Alliance Parking passes the debt off to the Debt Collectors, is there a risk of anyone turning up at the door? Do I need to reply to any other letters from either the parking company, debt collectors, or solicitors? Many thanks in advance.
    • I've just noticed this so wanted to my apologies for my response to this yesterday I didn't realise his name was worry, I thought you meant worry as in be concerned not referring to his name.   My apologies.
    • We've already encouraged worry to use their own words... HB
    • Whoops 😅 Vanquis - September 2015 Jacamo - January 2016 Very - December 2013
    • Pretty good first draft   Only question I have is did you use a template from this forum to write it?   Parts of It just seems very familiar, and I'm concerned if TFL see people just copying and pasting stuff they've seen before it won't be as effective.   If not then I'd say its good but allow others to give their feedback.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MJ versus A&L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

mimi - have you worked out if we can link to the Wiki?

Or every time anybody asks a question are we going to have to say - just go and look on the Wiki ?:confused:

have not been able to work it out yet?

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying now :-

FAQ - Consumer Wiki

You just go to WIKI, right click on the "address" and copy and paste. A little long-winded though.

x

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

ok -thanks

I tried a couple of times and it didnt work. patience is a virtue!

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

A different person answered the 'phone and can't find the paperwork. They'll ring up if they find anything; otherwise advised to ring on Monday.:rolleyes:

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Noooo, leaving messages everywhere for her! Hopefully, she's at the pub celebratingicon10.gif

your claim

Don't know about joyful Alice ... it doesn't help when muggins 'ere goes and puts her foot in iticon12.gif

Mimi xx

your claim

Just sent it again Jimmy ... thought I'd maybe deleted it, so you're lucky!

Mimi x

your claim

Hi all,

Wragge have written to offer an amount of 80% of the full claim amount. I'm doing a rejection letter and basically asking them for everything (court fee, AQ fee, interest, daily fee, etc.). I've put in the letter that if they intend to offer the full amount before court in just over a week's time, they'd basically better get their fingers out and get a cheque out pronto so that it can clear before I can cancel court proceedings (not put in these words:rolleyes:).

Don't know if anyone can help out here ... I've prepared a "wasted costs" schedule and am not sure whether to include it with this letter and ask them for the money now, or wait until/if they agree to settle? Any advice greatfully received. I know they'll say "no" and I will have to submit it to the judge, but we have to be seen to be going through the right channels!

Getting quite "court minded" now ... will be going in with my SIL if needs be:rolleyes:

Many thanks,

Mimi

your claim

hi mimi

the letter sounds good to me.

glad to hear you are getting very court minded now.

will you be wearing a white curly-wurley wig ?

ha ha ha

go for it girl ! ! !

we're all behind you

alice x x x

I wouldn't ask A&L for wasted costs at this stage. I think you should concentrate on getting the claim settled in full. Which track is your claim in?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Many thanks Caroicon7.gif It's the small claims track.

So, if they send a cheque for the full amount before court, can I apply for wasted costs thereafter? If it does go to court, would it wise to mention to the judge that it's my intention to apply for these, initially through Wragge?

Thanks,

Mimi

your claim

I'm not sure why you should approach the court through Wragge. They are working for A&L. Tricky one I think, but I've just checked out the Bank Templates Library on this which makes it clearer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/85726-wasted-costs-order.html

At least with A&L there is plenty of evidence in the form of the Moneybox programme where they stated that they would never go to court and a very long list of cases settled before court.

EDIT sorry if I'm confusing you, I'm confusing myself here. This is uncharted territory with A&L I think.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro.

I'm sure I've read somewhere recently that it's always best to initially approach the bank/solicitor when applying for wasted costs then, if unsuccessful, send a suggested Draft Order to the judge. I would have thought it would make more sense this way ... even if you are turned down by the bank (the most likely scenario:rolleyes:), at least the courts know you've tried.

Right, just found the link by GaryH which mentions applying to the bank/solicitors first :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/65921-application-costs-updated.html

Still not sure if you should write to the bank or their solicitor; if it's been settled, should we write direct to A&L I wonder? If not settled, should it be Wragge? Confused here as well ... :confused:

Looks like you can make an informal approach through the courts if no luck with the bank and some have been successful with this. To make a formal approach, it costs £35.

Mimi

your claim

When you get offered a settlement that your happy with write back accepting but subject to costs. Outline the basis of your costs claim and say that if they refuse to pay then you'll apply to the court. Its Wragge you need to discuss the costs issue with rather than A&L.

Also, be aware that if you apply formally there is a possibility that a hearing could be called.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Many thanks for clearing that up Garyicon7.gif

One other question : if Wragge write offering the full amount before the court hearing, is it still wise to say I accept "subject to costs"?

Hopefully all this will help others when they reach this stage as well.

Mimi

your claim

Mimi,

Caro has pointed out, and in retrospect I agree, that my last post may have been slightly misleading in that it might appear that I was advising you to reject an offer and continue to pursue the claim to court if they don't pay the costs.

I don't know if you interpreted that way as well, but apologies if you did - that certainly wasn't the intention of the post.

The reason for telling you to accept 'subject to costs' was becouse there is some confusion over whether agreeing to a full and final settlement means that you cannot then pursue the costs issue. A user had a hearing a week or two ago which was successfully defended on the grounds that a F&F settlement had already been agreed. I'm going to try to get clarification of whether or not this is definately the case.

I'll rephrase my above post to say that IMHO, when they offer a full settlement, you should of course accept, but if you want to claim costs afterwards then make sure you don't agree to a 'full and final' condition. At this point I would make them aware that you think they have behaved unreasonably and you intend to apply to the court for costs on that basis. They may then offer to just pay them, as do Abbey, although tbh it is doubtful I'd have thought.

Sorry for any confusion. :)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Ah right, got iticon7.gif

Thanks so much to GaryH and Caro ... cleared it up.

Mimi x

your claim