• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MJ versus A&L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in, you seem to ge going great guns! Very greatfull to Gary and Martin for stepping in when I turned to mush:oops:

All the best Mimi, im just an email away if you need me (looks like you have evrything in hand though;))

Do hope things are OK with you and thanks for checking in.icon7.gif

Everything's going fine. Had a few panics along the way, but no major errors (I hope:rolleyes:) and it all contributes to the learning curve. The guys have been great and answered loads of my questions (some of them pretty stupid I'm sureicon12.gif).

Mimi x

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Nah, I'd hold your horses for a bit if I were you. You've got ages until you need the bundle and in fact you may never need it, who knows?

Have a read up on it, understand it and be prepared by all means, but I wouldn't start printing off 200 page triplicate bundles yet if I were you!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

but I would start printing off 200 page triplicate bundles yet if I were you!

I think you meant "wouldnt" here..:D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Actually, yes I think you might be right!:D

Well spotted SSL!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

thanx mimi very helpful got acknowledgement of service today better start with the bundle :@]

Don't be too eager! Some people aren't being asked for a bundle and, if you do need one, you'll be given either 2 or 3 weeks to get it ready, which is plenty of time. You're in the very early stages, so please don't make extra work for yourself.:rolleyes:

Just look through everything, so you've some idea of how to put it all together if needs be.icon7.gif

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

hi everyone. i have been looking at all the advice that has been given out and hope that i am able to understand everything... have done all the main things ie. like filing to the court etc. they have now moved it from the northampton court to milton keynes. and then this week i have just received form from the milton keynes court to say

Upon the coursts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. if you object to the order you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

it is ordered that unless the claimant do file a properly detailed statement of case by 4pm on the 20th June 07 the claim will be struck out as disclosing no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim.

i like to think that as i have come so far i dont want to give up now.. but it makes you think that you are not in with a chance of winning here. what do you all think..a bit of support would help here if anyone has some more advice it would be appreciated.

i did hear from parkvale and he seems to think that i only have to send them the new strategy questionair by the 20th June. I dont want to mess this up... sorry if i sound a bit thick.. is it just that i complete this form and then send it in... they make everything sound so difficult.

thanks once again parkvale.. i shall be having a look at the new strategy questionair hopefully this weekend My mum is in hospital and very sick so trying to get sat down at the computer to churn through all the stuff is difficult.. but i am prepared having come this far not to give up at the last post... so fingers crossed.. here goes... any further advice greatly accepted.

regards

Maryanne.

Hi All,

I sent the bundle off to Wragge Recorded Delivery on Tuesday 5th June ... have just tried to trace this on the Royal Mail site and it doesn't appear to have been delivered/signed for yet (though it does state it takes a few days to register on the site).

Should I try to track it down, or just leave it, as I have proof I sent it and know the court have theirs as I hand delivered it?

Thanks for any help,

Mimi

your claim

hi everyone. i have been looking at all the advice that has been given out and hope that i am able to understand everything... have done all the main things ie. like filing to the court etc. they have now moved it from the northampton court to milton keynes. and then this week i have just received form from the milton keynes court to say

Upon the coursts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. if you object to the order you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

it is ordered that unless the claimant do file a properly detailed statement of case by 4pm on the 20th June 07 the claim will be struck out as disclosing no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim.

i like to think that as i have come so far i dont want to give up now.. but it makes you think that you are not in with a chance of winning here. what do you all think..a bit of support would help here if anyone has some more advice it would be appreciated.

i did hear from parkvale and he seems to think that i only have to send them the new strategy questionair by the 20th June. I dont want to mess this up... sorry if i sound a bit thick.. is it just that i complete this form and then send it in... they make everything sound so difficult.

thanks once again parkvale.. i shall be having a look at the new strategy questionair hopefully this weekend My mum is in hospital and very sick so trying to get sat down at the computer to churn through all the stuff is difficult.. but i am prepared having come this far not to give up at the last post... so fingers crossed.. here goes... any further advice greatly accepted.

regards

Maryanne.

Hi Maryanna sorry i can not answer your question as im not that far down the line yet but think u may get lots of helpful advice if u started your own thread ! use the link at the top of the page then everyone will know its there and the advice will roll in:)

Getting a little worried now ... just rung the Royal Mail and the bundle may be "lost" :shock:, although they have to give it 15 days from when it was posted before they will/can do anything! What's going on ... I wonder if Wragge have refused to sign for it? Apart from anything else, it's very P&C. I've checked and the address was correct. :rolleyes:

your claim

Goodness gracious thats not good, MJ I am sure a phone call to the court for advise, would be helpfull to you. Have you phoned Wragge and Co to see if they have recieved your bundle?

There must be some kind provision in the County Courts procedure re this kind of thing!!

I agree with bsia666, hope to goodness that it hasn't been lost. Long time to wait to find out. Surley they must have some sort of system that tells them if something hasn't been signed for.

I blame Wragge it sounds a bit fishy to me. I suppose they can say then that you never sent it.

Good Luck

Caza

Thanks peeps.

You can check on line to find out if it's been signed for and it hasn't, hence the call to Royal Mail. Can't see there's any point in ringing Wragge ... they'll just say they know nothing about it as it's not signed for (though I might do anyway).

The one saving grace is that I have the Recorded Delivery slip to confirm it was sent, which is dated and has the correct address on:rolleyes:

Really don't fancy having to copy it all again. Good idea to give the court a ring I think.

your claim

MJ ............when you phone Wragge & Co , ask them a specific question about one part of you bundle, then ask if they could have a look at the bundle for you. They might say they have not recieved it, or they may be able to access your bundle easily, thus confirm it was recieved by them.

Try any devious tactic you can think of to gain info from them.;)

Hi Mimi,

I had a similar problem with my LBA.

It turned out that as A and L have so many recorded mail they are issued with a list on which to record their receipted mail. Once the list is completed it is returned to the post office, which can take up to one week, and then another couple of days to reach the website.

Now, if Wragge are getting bulk Recorded, Registered and Special deliveries the post office maybe taking the same approach with them.

It took 11 days for my LBA proof of postage to become visible on the WWW.

Hope this is of use.....

Clare..:D

• Haha 1

Great .... many thanks Clare and Williamicon10.gif 9th day today so, hopefully, something will show up before the 15 day period you have to wait before the Royal Mail try to find out what's happened.

BTW, my partner's just been to the P/O to post something and asked about it while he was there. They told him to wait 3 weeks, then get back to them as they have all the paperwork there.

Mimi x

your claim

Hi guys,

Took the bull by the horns and rang Wragges ... couldn't stand not knowing:rolleyes:

Basically, after speaking to 4 people and being promised calls back (which I didn't get), got hold of someone who knew what they were doing ... it did arrive the day after I posted it and "someone's working on it tomorrow!" Phew, another panic over for now ....

Thanks for all the reassurance.

Mimi x

your claim

thanks MJ i am not sure how to use this site.. i have tried looking for the link not sure what or where it is... hoping that this is it. perhaps you could point me in the right direction. bit usless with computers.

Regards maryanne.

thanks MJ i am not sure how to use this site.. i have tried looking for the link not sure what or where it is... hoping that this is it. perhaps you could point me in the right direction. bit usless with computers.

Regards maryanne.

Oh dear Maryanne, you sound a bit lost:sad: Just click onto the main Alliance & Leicester forum from the home page and then click on "new thread" at the top opposite the page numbers. Put in a title of, say, "Maryanne v A&L" and you have your own threadicon7.gif

(At least I think that's you I did it ... not so easy when you're trying to explain it:rolleyes:).

Good luckicon7.gif

your claim

Yes, I'm worried ... partly because I included some service charges I should not have done and partly because I'm claiming on behalf of a relative who can't cope with any of this at the moment for personal reasons. I've told her not to worry about anything and I'll do all the worrying for her ... can't let her down can I:rolleyes:

Seriously, thanks for the kind and wise words and I will try to chillicon7.gif

x

Hi Mimi, I'm just reading your threads from the beginning (you've already given me a lot of help and support) and I had to stop here and post as your thread is almost an exact copy of my experience, right down to helping a relative and how it makes one even more twitchy. It's very comforting to see where you are now and it makes me feel a whole lot better. I'm just looking at your index and would like to look at the BBC NEWS Article "Bank Retreats on Overdraft Fees" I've googled it, looked on BBC NEWS ONLINE and and the CAG site and cant find it anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction please? Many thanks.

Jan

Hi there,

Glad you've found the thread useful. Let me know if you're struggling with finding any other documents.icon7.gif

your claim