HSBC-----Delaying Tactic???

beat66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Having gone through the initial stages of my claim I have sent details of my claim through to the HSBC with the total claim for my charges and also interest on the resulting. While awaiting a reply from this I have also completed my court claim.

I have now recently received a letter from HSBC stating that they are unable to reconcile the information I have provided on my schedule with the information on their records.

As a result I have rechecked my statements and found that the information is correct apart from only 2 of the entries which have incorrect dates that could easily be checked and anyone with common sense would have been able to see that these were minor typing errors.

Has anybody received one of these letters or experianced these sort of tactics from the HSBC.

they try all sorts - and it's to shake your confidence - just stick to the schedule - prelim + 14 days = lba + 14 days = mcol.

are your chrages on a spreadsheet? and have you calculated the 8% interest which you will add on when you file...

are you ok with the poc in the mcol - i'll send you mine as a second example if you need them.

as long as you are confident in your spreadsheet - then go ahead with your claim. just go over it one more time!! i only say this because it's easier to rectify a mistake at this stage than further on down the line:)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

All the spreadshhets are calculated including the 8%. I have taken information from other threads to help me to complete the poc in the mcol however it will always be usedful to see examples of others submission'.

So thankyou Lateralus, that would be most useful.

I spent ages completing the spreadsheets ensuring that the information was correct.

So from waht you say it's all systems go and submit the court claim.

Would the courts not think that I failed to allow the HSBC to answer my claim within a reasonable timescale?

Having looked through some more of the site, i am now tempted to pursue the charges post 6 years!! When i started my career 10 years ago, i ran my account about 200pounds beyond my means - due to childcare costs originally, but then as the charges became higher and higher, my overdraft went up and up and then i was called into the bank where they offered me a loan. Then a few months later as i was still living beyond my means, they offered to top this up - again and again and again!!!! In the meantime i was having charges thrown at me left right and centre. Whilst i am able to recall these difficult times, i do not have my statements. When i sent my SAR, i never specified that i only wanted 6 years, however that is all they sent!! I am at the MCOL stage for my original claim but i'm becoming more bitter about what situation the bank put me in, the loan was only paid off last year - after i sold my property.... By that time i had defaulted - my credit rating is crap and feel that HSBC did a lot to put me there!!! Can anybody help with where i go from here??