Muffintop V Nationwide

Muffintop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Have Started My Claim Online Against Nationwide. They Have Responded Within About A Week And Acknowledged My Claim Saying That Their Inhouse Solicitor Is Going To Defend The Claim. I Have Not Yet Received Any Allocation Questionnaire But I Think I Will Get One From The Court. I Have Now Lodge Anothe Claim With Nationwide And Asked For Two Other Accounts Statements.feeling A Bit Scared And Apprehensive:?

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry skeggs they will pay you your money as i said just keep checking your account cause they dont tell you.They just tell the court that they have paid you in full not long now:D

thanks for the support of Caesar, I think I would have totally bottled it by now without knowing that someone else has taken on NATIONWIDE and won, Iv stilll got a long way to go and will have to check it at each stage.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

ok will do will probably hot up in the next couple of weeks. expecting them to close my accounts and have 3 which bit concerned about because claiming on my main account at the moment but have two more in the process, do you think they will close all three if they pay out on one which will mean i wont be able to find the amount overdrawn at present to pay back, was ready for them to repay me then close the accounts and that way they can take their overdraft and im debt free

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

No one can predict their actions, but what ive read is that after claim 2 they can do this by giving 30 days notice because you obviously dont agree to their terms and conditions of that account, be prepaired for it by having a parachute account on standby and if they choose to close your account immediately complain to the FOS.

Re current accounts I believe Halifax have an account which matches your overdraft?

Anyway have a look around there are a few decent offers for switching current accounts but I wonder if you will have time at this stage.

Thanks for rep, I am getting the hang of this :)

• Haha 1

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

tnx for info on Halifax,my 2nd claim has just come back from Nationwide that they intend to defend, I still havent had the AQ form from the courts does anyone think I should chase it up? or just wait..... they now have 28 days. What do we think about the barrister who is taking it to the courts on Monday? if he doesnt loose its game off for us guys isnt it?

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi Skeggs

I claimed over £3k on my first claim with NW and won it all back, they closed the account after 30 days. Just won my 2nd claim with them took them right up until the 28th day to pay. Received a letter saying that they are unable to provide a free account and on this occasion they will not close the account providing I agree with their terms. Not a prob!! Hang on in because they will pay but they are now taking longer, I have found that NW are the 'nicest' ones to deal with. Good luck!!!!;)

• Haha 1

I am proceeding with court at 28 days for the defence with my sons Nationwide Account and one of my flex accounts. I have two more which I have now sent the 40 day statement request going back six years. I have read on Nat West thread that people are suggesting going back longer than 6 years (how can you do this if they suggest that they dont hold records back longer than that?)

I have also rung the Financial Ombudsman today can provide no if anyone wants it as a result of a post I rcvd on this thread. They will take ahead claims for you as long as you havent got to court stage and they wont charge you a penny! It seems with the weight of their name it is going through quicker, this is all hearsay at the moment as I havent successfully claimed my money back YET.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Does anyone know the outcome of the Barrister who went to court for damages today? in relation to his bank charges

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi Skeggs.

In answer to your PM. If you want encouragement, have a look at this Forum.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide-successes/

Read some of the threads there and don't worry.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I Have Started My Claim Online Against Nationwide. They Have Responded Within About A Week And Acknowledged My Claim Saying That Their Inhouse Solicitor Is Going To Defend The Claim. I Have Not Yet Received Any Allocation Questionnaire But I Think I Will Get One From The Court. I Have Now Lodge Anothe Claim With Nationwide And Asked For Two Other Accounts Statements.feeling A Bit Scared And Apprehensive:?

Nationwide have now kindly taken away one of the overdrafts running at its max and want the whole lot back! nice touch. im so scared now as they will def do the same for the other 3 that I have on the go and amounts to a huge amount. Swapping credit back and forth tarting on ccards to try to raise the overdraft amount. Cant leave it that I dont pay it back as they have said they will charge me 24.% interest daily! got me over a barrell. Feel like I want to say sorry pse let me keep it and we will drop the whole thing ut know im in too deep for that and must continue forward. Still not had anything from court or nationwide and 14 days left till 28. Went to Halifax to open up an acc which matches your overdraft but think they want me to close my nationwide account off in order to keep od with them. Everyway I turn its just made so hard. Sent a letter to Nationwide and Mr Bacon their solicitior thanking them for valuing my custom over the years by penalising me and taking back the overdraft facility because we are in dispute, will take this to court to me if it goes that far, I have tried to negotiate at every stage but they just gave me no option.:-o

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi Skeggs.

In answer to your PM. If you want encouragement, have a look at this Forum.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide-successes/

Read some of the threads there and don't worry.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

Thanks I really need the reasurrance.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Re current accounts I believe Halifax have an account which matches your overdraft?

Anyway have a look around there are a few decent offers for switching current accounts but I wonder if you will have time at this stage.

Thanks for rep, I am getting the hang of this :)

I found out that Halifax are matching overdraft in principle due to credit checks, but only for a limited amount of days I feel they will then want the old bank account (nationwide closing down) in order to keep the overdraft facility.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Skegg,

I found this on the ombudsman's website:

http://www.financial-ombuhttp://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/48/banking-closing-accounts.htmdsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/48/banking-closing-accounts.htm

Read the part on 'Reasonable Notice'. You may have grounds to complain to them.

I haven't been able to find the info. that I referred to on Pitter's thread but I'll keep looking.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

tnx kelly printing it off to digest. still nothing from bank today, no refund of any money and clock ticking. just realised from other threads I should have sent a copy of my schedule of charges to mr bacon the solicitor defending from nationwide and also to court so gonna do it first thing 2moz.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Skegg,

I found this on the ombudsman's website:

http://www.financial-ombuhttp://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/48/banking-closing-accounts.htmdsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/48/banking-closing-accounts.htm

Read the part on 'Reasonable Notice'. You may have grounds to complain to them.

I haven't been able to find the info. that I referred to on Pitter's thread but I'll keep looking.

cant seem to open the thread, someone said that there is a way of busting it if you have pop ups blocked, any ideas?

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Have you tried holding down control when you click?

Also, how well did you conduct your account? The reason I ask is, if you were reasonably good it would support the case that the withdrawal of your overdraft is retaliatory and you would do well to test the waters with the ombudsman.

I know it doesn't help your situation now, but it could help long-term.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi Skeggy,

Listen, mate, you WILL get your money back... THOUSANDS of people have and you're NO DIFFERENT. They WILL pay your money before next Friday ok! ;) I am the worst banking customer in the world, bouncing cheques/returned DD's/ over the overdraft CONSTANTLY and I got back over £11,000!!!!!!!!!! Just keep checking your account and one day soon, very very soon, you'll see the balance and realise........YOU BEAT THE BASTARDS!! lol

Let me know how it goes, and you can panic and cry on my shoulder anytime bud.

x x x nursie x x x

thankyou so much nursie, emergency services unite! im soooo scared iv come so far and its cost me 240 in fees I just have to get it back after taking sucha risk. Iv just typed a letter up to Nationwide telling to stop harassing me via phone they keep ringing daily and its an automated service. Just one week to go. thanks for your kind kind words I need to know theres people to advise me. By the way I STILL CANT POST MY OWN THREAD can you send me the instructions just cant seem to work out how to do a new thread of my own, Im sorry to pitters for butting in on his threads.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

hmm this account is my sons and appauling to be honest i dont think i would have a leg to stand on.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Things hotting up with my first claim, my second one is a week behind. Iv still not had this defense they are going to submit and only 7 days left. I havent had any money back in the account yet either. what I have had is numerous phone calls from them which arre intimidating and a pain in the arse. my stomach is in knots with anticipation.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

On another note, this is just one of four accounts, I am at court stage with two and they are not sending my statements for the other two, I have warned them that they have an obligation to do so, I have noticed that they have only cashed one of the cheques for 10.00, shall i resend a cheque for the other account stating that they are nearly at the 40 day stage, I did send via recorded delivery so could try to find out who signed for it? I have set up halifax accounts on the two that are at court but if they close these accounts are they likely to close all my accounts and reclaim the overdrafts/ if so i had better work fast and open 2 more accounts. Does anyone know if they are asking for the credit card to be paid back immediately as well if so Im in diar doos

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON