response to DPA letter also charges frozen

lordi234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

first i received a letter in response to my DPA letter requesting statements ect , from mr Bailey saying they are looking into it by the 8 May thats 8 days b4 the 40 days .

also i rang MBNA today asking that they freeze the charges and intrest as they have received my budget plan from MY dmp , I THINK IF YOUR ON A DMP WITH CCS they will freeze charges as they know they are getting a payment, now what i want to know will they get funny if i ask for old charges from 5 years ago .

thanks for all the help b.t.w always give them a mobile no and use a spare sim card for banks ect .

thanks for all the help b.t.w always give them a mobile no and use a spare sim card for banks ect .

Personally I'd give them NO phone number and keep everything in writing :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

also i rang MBNA today asking that they freeze the charges and intrest as they have received my budget plan from MY dmp , I THINK IF YOUR ON A DMP WITH CCS they will freeze charges as they know they are getting a payment, now what i want to know will they get funny if i ask for old charges from 5 years ago .

have they agreed to freeze interest and charges? CCCS usuually ask for this when they forward your I&E form.

Most likely all they will do is refund to your account - but this will reduce your debt anyway - this applies to any others with charges in your DMP as well.

thanks for all the help b.t.w always give them a mobile no and use a spare sim card for banks ect

Good idea in theory.

Personally I'd give them NO phone number and keep everything in writing :)

Me too - you then have a paper trail of what's what.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

have they agreed to freeze interest and charges? CCCS usuually ask for this when they forward your I&E form.

Most likely all they will do is refund to your account - but this will reduce your debt anyway - this applies to any others with charges in your DMP as well.

Good idea in theory.

Me too - you then have a paper trail of what's what.

they have agreed to freeze charges if a regular payment is made ,they said the charges for late payment from jan to march wont be put back into my account as i missed payments last december till feb.

im after charges dating from 2002 till 2005 as from 2005 till 2006 i was paying them on time ect.,i dont know what happens next got to wait till my DPA letter gets a response i think its a good idea to always pay them something cant beleive the hassle every 1 is having with MBNA.

they have agreed to freeze charges if a regular payment is made ,they said the charges for late payment from jan to march wont be put back into my account as i missed payments last december till feb.

im after charges dating from 2002 till 2005 as from 2005 till 2006 i was paying them on time ect.,i dont know what happens next got to wait till my Data Protection Act letter gets a response i think its a good idea to always pay them something cant beleive the hassle every 1 is having with MBNA.

b.t.w whats a I.E form ?? the women i talked to at MBNA said a budget plan was on the cccs website ,so MBNA must have acess to my details can they see my other creditors to who im paying .

Hi Lordi

I.E stands for Income and Expenditure same thing as Budget Plan just a different name

And if you sent one to MBNA yes they will be able to see who your other creditors are and what you are paying them. Which is agood thing as then they will know this is all you can afford to pay them.

As for will they get funny if you claim back charges? Who knows with this bunch of (no best not say what I really think).

As I'm in almost the same boat as you in regards to MBNA this is what I received in responce to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on three cards I have or had with them.

1. For two of the accounts, a list detailing Card No./Date/Fee Type/Transaction Type/Transaction Description/Trans. Amount

1. A letter which basicly say that their charges are fair you knew what they were when you applied for the card. They mention the Office ot Fair Trading recent guidlines on the level of charges and how they don't agree with them but reduced their charges to £12 anyway and you will receive

notification of the changes in terms and conditions. The next sentence says "We expect you to honour the revised terms of your agreement with us. If you do not do so, we will have no alternative but to formally terminate your credit ageement." Then on the next page as a gesture of goodwill my accounts with £80 on one and £10 on the other. This represents approx. 30% and 50%, respctively, of the charges discovered so far.

3. A copy or their "Our commitment to YOU" leaflet.

Sorry to be so long winded about it but had get it right as this is what you might get. If not plaese post what you get, omitting all personal details of course.

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

PS. At this stage had asked for nothing except infomation

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

Hi Lordi

I.E stands for Income and Expenditure same thing as Budget Plan just a different name

And if you sent one to MBNA yes they will be able to see who your other creditors are and what you are paying them. Which is agood thing as then they will know this is all you can afford to pay them.

As for will they get funny if you claim back charges? Who knows with this bunch of (no best not say what I really think).

As I'm in almost the same boat as you in regards to MBNA this is what I received in responce to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on three cards I have or had with them.

1. For two of the accounts, a list detailing Card No./Date/Fee Type/Transaction Type/Transaction Description/Trans. Amount

1. A letter which basicly say that their charges are fair you knew what they were when you applied for the card. They mention the Office ot Fair Trading recent guidlines on the level of charges and how they don't agree with them but reduced their charges to £12 anyway and you will receive

notification of the changes in terms and conditions. The next sentence says "We expect you to honour the revised terms of your agreement with us. If you do not do so, we will have no alternative but to formally terminate your credit ageement." Then on the next page as a gesture of goodwill my accounts with £80 on one and £10 on the other. This represents approx. 30% and 50%, respctively, of the charges discovered so far.

3. A copy or their "Our commitment to YOU" leaflet.

Sorry to be so long winded about it but had get it right as this is what you might get. If not plaese post what you get, omitting all personal details of course.

basically i am after the charges before the £12 was put on the account the charges since 2001 to 2005 as 2006 was frozen till i missed 2 payments jan till aprill this year i was charged the £12 hopefully they will freeze the intrest and charges as they know they are getting some payments ..