Lou1z V Halifax ** WON**

Lou1z
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

here goes:

on 26-02-07 i applied for my statements via recorded post.

halifax then replied saying they had received my letter and i would receive my statements no later than 13-4-07.

that time passed without the statements arriving.

i then sent them a couple of emails to various people stating that they were in breach of the data protection act and unless they replied to me within 7 days, i would take action.

i then received a letter on the 18-04-07 that was obviously the standard reply for bank charges complaints saying they had up to 8 weeks to deal with it.

but still i have received no statements. is this the normal route that halifax take? what is my next course of action?

hi ya i had the same problem sent mine of on 28/02/07 thet kept saying got no record of my letter or 10 pound i kept ringing ring once or twice a week until they sent mine out what address did you send it to i sent mine to the buisiness risk centre

it went to the data protection manager at trinity road, halifax, HX1 2BR by recorded delivery. it was delivered and they replied but outside of the 40 day deadline.

the reply was the standard "we are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the bank charges" so they have obviously adknowledged my letter.

what they haven't done is give me my statements within the 40 days. how will i know what my charges are if they do not supply the info. they could contact me and blag the figure for all i know.

If your 40 days have passed and you still havnt recieved your statements, send this letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

It normally does the trick.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

ok,

that letter did the trick and the statements have arrived. i've gone through them, marked all the charges and have added statatory interest on top.

now, bearing in mind the above ie i recieved a letter from halifax stating "we are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with your bank charges blah blah and we have up to 8 weeks to deal with"

the standard letter obviously!

now with me receiving this letter, i assume that halifax is aware that i am persuing them for bank charges (along with thousands of others!)

based on what i've seen from friends who have had money back from halifax.... halifax never gave them their statements and just sent them a letter with their charges summerised. halifax then contacted them via teephone (applying a bit of pressure eg no interest etc) and got them to settle (which they did)

so.... finally to the question:

DO i assume that halifax is dealing with my claim (as they did with my friend above) OR do i persue the claim as normal ie bank statements > claim letter etc etc

• 3 months later...

halifax have settled and quite quickly too compared to lloyds. basically, they phoned up, made a low offer to which i refused. i then said i'd accept 90% of the ammount to which they aggreed.

another happy customer.

thanks for everybodies help and thanks to this wonderful forum.

That is great news, as long as you are happy with the offer, Well done:D :D

Dont forget to fill in the survey and maybe a donation??;)

The links are in my sainature.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .