• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pot plant V Nat West ***WON***

pot plant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bump For Parkie!! Xxxx ;)

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pot plant, Firstly, The likelyhood of Nat West defending your claim in a courtroom are virtually Nil. They would have to disclose their true costs. Secondly i waited 11 weeks for my court directions after i had lodged my AQ. Finally don't panic to much about the T&C's .Alot can happen over the next few weeks. The mods are trying to gather as many T&C's from CAG members now. You don't need your T&C's until you submit your court bundle. Which if you even have to do that won't be until your court directions arrive and by then the terms and conditions issue will be alot clearer. I hope that has made things a little clearer for you. Good luck.

• Haha 1

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks a lot Parky for the advice, I had visions of local judge being in agreement with the draft order for directions and the go ahead by return of post. I hope you are right about the time scale, 11 weeks would suit me just fine. I can finally get out in the fresh air and mow my lawn and water to my plants: with all this stress I think I'll just smoke em!;)

I think also, that if the worst came to the worst, you could probably use the latest T&Cs which you could get from your branch. The judge in the Birmingham case said he went on the internet looking for T&Cs and all he would have found would have been the latest ones. I think what you mustn't do is not put any T&Cs in at all.

The new NatWest T&Cs (Nov 2006) have obviously been carefully written to try and get round their problems but all they have really succeeded in doing is laying a trap for themselves regarding "disguised penalties" (IMHO).

I have posted some T&Cs for 2001 for a business account on the T&Cs thread. I think the bits about penalties are probably the same in the business and personal banking T&Cs. Hopefully we will be able to find out soon.

Steven

Quite right Steve. They are running in circles, But most importantly they are still settling claims. Pot plant you can't smoke your garden :) Be careful where next doors cat has been. That won't taste very nice.:D

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I have just been reading a few threads as I have spent a few days in the garden, yes in the rain, I needed time away from the computer. Anyway after reading about this mediation leaflet being sent out by the courts, I remembered somewhere (probably in the bottom of my bin) I also had one. I discarded it as I thought it was a standard leaflet sent out for neighbour disputes. Luckily I had not emptied the bin and decided to phone the contact number and make some enquiries. The information is quite interesting - spoke to Zena one of the mediators, very nice and friendly. She advised that I should send a letter to Nasty West and Cobbetts asking if they would consent to mediation. The fact that I had tried to reslove this matter looks very favourable when the judge reads through the case material, infact she logged my call and gave me a reference number. Scoring points already. If Nasty and Cobblers refuse or ignore the request it just adds more weight to the case. She even advised to give them a deadline of 14 days to reply. With their case load, it might be difficult for them to do so especially if all the CAG members sent the same request it would put them in a difficult position. Mediation contact number 0845 60 30 809, if anyone wants to do the same. I would like a comment on this process before I proceed, please. There is a chance they agree to mediation and then we would have to compromise, but that may suit some CAG members. There is also a fee but it depends on the total amount claimed. Their website for more information is www.nationalmediationhelpline.com A much calmer pot plant.:)

Hi potty

I think the two words in your last but one post might indicate the answer for a lot of us on this site: 'compromise' and 'fee'

Steven ;)

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Thanks Steven for the reply, I can understand how you feel. The big question is compromise, does anyone have any idea of the amount which is acceptable. I would rather have most of the money as apposed to none. Its all about circumstances, I am acting on behalf of my son who is at the moment too busy with his new business, he hardly understands what this is all about. We are at the moment in the court process and it will be him in court not me. If he is asked any questions, he won't have a clue. I asked the courts if they would allow me to be included with the claimant, to help prepare the case and they said no! I think this is unfair as he could have a solicitor, but what can you do? I was hoping for some communication or offer from the banks before this stage, its getting complicated now. I have gone this far and don't want to give up, i want his money back, but feel a compromise might be better all round. If it had been my money and my account I wouldn't feel so restricted. I do have a funny little story though, I phoned Nasty West to some time ago and assistant said "am I talking to Pete" and I said "yes, of course" in my female tone!

I asked the courts if they would allow me to be included with the claimant, to help prepare the case and they said no!

You cannot be included with the claimant, but you can represent him in court as a Lay Representative as l;ong as yourson is also present at any hearing:

From EX307 leaflet:

Can I take someone with me to the hearing?

Yes. If you do not have a solicitor, you can take someone with you to speak for you.

This person is called a ‘lay representative’ and can be anyone you choose, such as your husband or wife, a relative, a friend or an advice worker. If possible, the lay representative should not be a witness. Your lay representative cannot go to an appointment without you unless you have permission from the court.

The district judge can tell a lay representative who misbehaves to leave the hearing.

As for mediation, see here:

Mediation - Letter of Refusal

Mediation - a bad idea

• Haha 1

Hi Pot plant, seeing as you are so far down the line with all this, have you thought of trying to ring the Cobbetts to see if they want to settle. i.e. make them an offer ??? Knock a small amount off your claim and try ringing whoever is dealing with you case to see if they are interested in settling prior to court date ?? Always worth a try I think, that is, if you are prepared to knock a bit off the claim, but if you dont want to do that, then fire away, full steam ahead, and off to court. All the best. Fendy xxxxx

Michael a big thanks for the info about a lay person. It bothers me that the court assistant didn't offer any advice about this when I asked. She was very abrupt, not a good sign from my local court. Who can I complain too about the fact this information was not offered to me when I requested it? I can do without the aggravation of an abrupt frustrated court assistant. She probably just lost a promotion and has pleasure in telling everyone that she cannot offer advice as she is not a solicitor. I was only requesting to be able to discuss the case on behalf of my son or to sign any correspondence on his behalf, if he wrote a letter of consent. I will phone the courts again and ask for her name, I remember her voice, infact I will go in and see her face to face when I request the EX307 leaflet. Also thanks to fendy for your support, I need to think about my next move. Its great to have options, but I am in a mind to continue the court case as a lay person. Pot plant.

Who can I complain too about the fact this information was not offered to me when I requested it? I can do without the aggravation of an abrupt frustrated court assistant.

Personally I wouldn't bother, you're just creating more hassle for yourself at a time when I would have thought you least need it. Ok, you were given duff information, but I have to say, that is the exception. Generally court staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

You can download the leaflet here:

EX307

I am in a mind to continue the court case as a lay person.

Fine, but remember that all letters, court documents etc must be in his name and signed by him

Yes Michael, I think you are right about complaining, but I am so livid, it was because of her that I was willing to compromise. I did ask if I could sign any forms on my sons behalf, it may be the reason that she said no. She still should have mentioned the EX307, well won't waste any more time on that subject. I would not have this infomation if it hadn't of been for CAG. Thanks to all. pot plant.

Chin up pot plant, all part of the process. Onward and upward, and remember, NO MATTER WHAT, NO MATTER HOW FED UP YOU GET, AND NERVOUS AND TICKED OFF, YOU WILL WIN, AND IT WILL BE ALL WORTH THE HASSLE............... STICK WITH IT.................. LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS, JUST IN CASE YA NEED EM. FENDY XXXXX

Good morning all, I see that Fendy is worse for wear this morning, all that money is making her ill. So, do we really want this I ask myself? YES WE DO! As the most fortunate CAG members suffer with the price of fame and fortune, the rest of us are busy with the fight. I was just reading the Lawpack Self Help booklet about the small claims process. Be prepared seems to be the word of the day, I feel like a boy scout. Anyway, IF we go to court the claimant puts their case first. As there are so many important facts to address and not wanting to waffle on about insignificant matters, has anyone got a brief statement that will address the important issues. I want to know exactly what I am going to say, it will give me confidence and hopefully help others if we all open with a good statement. Obviously the rest of the case will differ with individual circumstances, but keeping with the facts and not trying to dictate the law to a judge will surely work in our favour. I ask this as I just wrote a quick speech and found myself writing that these bank charges are unlawful. Surely I can't say that in court? But what can I say that is acceptable and polite? I have time to practise it and be word perfect JUST IN CASE. If nothing else it will take away the anxiety at the thought of going to court for me and others who are at this stage. We will be prepared, confident and calm. :cool: HELP!

Pot plant

Got this off another thread (please don't ask me where!) and I squirrelled it away

The case

Essentially there are three major parts to succeeding:

1) showing that there has in fact been a breach of contract on your part

2) showing that the charges incurred as a result are in excess of the cost to the bank

3) attempting to satisfy the court as to as to the true cost to the bank. That’s it.

Steven

Thanks for the information Steven, its always helpful. Sounds logical, I will have a go at creating an opening speech and post it here to have it checked by our teachers. Well, over the next week or so, it will take me that long to get it right. pot plant.

Hi All, just getting info correct, preparing for court whether I go or not. I have printed a copy of T&C's from one of the threads but not sure if it applies to the dates my account was live with Nasty West. The account was a Current Plus Account from 2000 to 2001, then changed to Advantage Gold Account until closed in 2005. Should I apply to Nasty or Cobbetts or both to request T&C's that applied to those dates. Also is their any legal jargon I should add to make sure they do send the T&C's within 14 days. As we all know if they can drag it out, they will. Before I forget, should I send copies of all correspondence with Cobbetts to the court. I wrote to them last week requesting early payment with interest and court charges to date to avoid wasting court time but I did not send a copy to courts. No reply but I will repeat the process again adding request for T&C's but I will wait until I hear from someone about the legal issues. Thanks Pot plant.

Forgot to mention, I just recorded the interview on BBC Radio 4 Moneybox with senior Judge Steven Girliss( not sure about spelling of his name) on an old dictaphone I have. I'm sure there are updated devices which could be taken into court as evidence that these case are becoming a postcode lottery and the law is not clear about these charges. He was speaking for district judges in London and clearly stated how confusing this mass litigation has become for them and how they are all reaching different decisions. Is there anyone out their that can add a link to this because it is VERY INTERESTING, especially to those who are approaching a court date. Potty.

Also is their any legal jargon I should add to make sure they do send the T&C's within 14 days.

You can say you are applying for them under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Thanks Steven always their with the advice that I need to proceed. I don't know what I would do without you. What do you think about taking a tape into court of the interview or more to the point threatening to take the tape into court as evidence that a senior district judge has admitted these cases are a postcode lottery at the moment. The banks have not got a clear case to win, so should pay up until these charges are clearly define by a higher court? Or am I missing something! Potty

Forgot to mention, I just recorded the interview on BBC Radio 4 Moneybox with senior Judge Steven Girliss( not sure about spelling of his name) on an old dictaphone I have. I'm sure there are updated devices which could be taken into court as evidence that these case are becoming a postcode lottery and the law is not clear about these charges. He was speaking for district judges in London and clearly stated how confusing this mass litigation has become for them and how they are all reaching different decisions. Is there anyone out their that can add a link to this because it is VERY INTERESTING, especially to those who are approaching a court date. Potty.

Link: BBC Radio Player - Radio 4 - it's the second or third item

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Good morning all, just a quick question about correspondence with Cobblers. Should I be sending copies of all letters to them to the courts aswell or should I just keep copies for a later date.

Missed the interview this morning on GMTV with Tom Brannnan, really peed off about that, has anyone got a summary of the latest? Thanks Potty