leeroycal vs Barclays

leeroycal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent first letter today.

Charges £2,990

Interest £770.44

Total £3,760.44

I also have another account with them that I am totting up at present, but it should be less than this one, probably about £1k

Are Barclays still taking ages or have they adopted the Halifax approach?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 2 accounts in dispute.

Account 1:

Charges £2,990

Interest £770.44

Total £3,760.44

Account 2:

Charges £1400

Interest £300ish

Total £1700

Account 1 (big money) LBA sent - they are telling me that they will get back to me before 25th June

Account 2 (less money) - LBA sent a weel after the one above. Received an offer letter yesterday for £1200. Are they replying and offerign on lesser amounts more quickly , or is it not that scientific.

Anyway, I'm sliding towards accpeting this, taking the "this is money I thought I'd never see again" approach and all that.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes everything seems to be going as it should :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

• 4 weeks later...

the 28 days in which they had to file a defence has now expired.

I have not head a letter from the court or anything to tell me that they have not entered a defence, is this normal? DO I now just write to the court to ask them to rule by default?

recieved notification that they have defended and it is being allocated to the local county court in Rhyl.

Their defence looks fairly standard fayre, questioning completeness of claim, T&Cs, admin charges etc etc.

I assume I wait for a date from Rhyl Crown Court now?

Do I need to do anythign else? They mention returning an "allocation questionnaire" but I an't see one in the letter they have sent.

DO I need to do anything else? I assume they have no intention of actually going to court and are just trying to figthen me off, as per.

Hi Lee

Did you send through copies of your Schedule of Charges to both the bank and MCOL once you filed online? If yes, then you have nothing more to do at this point.

You willlikely either now get Notice of a court date or further instruction to submit paperwork from Rhyl court including whether or not they require an Allocation Quetsionnaire to be submitted.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I sent a schedule of charges to the Court when I filed. I didn't realise I had to send it to the bank also as I thought the court would do that when they informed the Bank of the claim.

Plus the bank had been sent two copies previously.

Anyway, I'll wait for Rhyl to get in touch. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

still heard nothing so phoned Rhyl court today. They say they have a pile of cases awaiting the district judge and that basically there is a delay since the announcement of the test case set for January. They say I will not hear anythign for at least a couple of weeks and then there may by a stay if the Judge decides it is the best course.

I could do with the money much more quickly, is it worth me contacting barclays litigation and trying to get them to agree to pay before court?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a letter from Rhyl COunty Court today, saying that they have transferred proceedings to Cardiff Civil Justice centre.

Weirdly, the text says "Upon neither party atteding IT IS ORDERED THAT this file be transferred".

I assume I wasn't meant to attend and that this was just a matter of procedure as I certainly was not sent any date for a court hearing.

What does this mean then? Is everything being transferred higher because of the test case?

Hi Lee

Even before the Test Case, Welsh cases were transferring (or as I call it herded) into Cardiff.

You weren't meant to attend the transfer, no one does, it's standard practise.

Unfortunately Cardiff Court, by their own volition (ie not because banks requesting) are automatically issuing Stays to bank charge cases however you are urgerd to send an objection to any Stay that is granted against your case.

Wait to hear from Cardiff - they will either send directions, a notice of hearing or a notice that your case has been stayed.

Post back once you hear from them :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to settle my case with an offer that came in just as I started the court process.

Do I simply write to the court to inform them that I no longer wish to pursue my case as I am settling out of court?

Something tells me it won't be that simple...