• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ebay / charges

racer1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had a call from Robinson Wray (think correct name) re "outstanding ebay charges." I owed ebay £16.86 which was paid a month or so ago now, but afterwards had an invoice from the above debt collectors stating I owed £24.86 (£16.86 in ebay fees and £8 in admin charges).

Reason for starting this thread is RW have just called stating I still owe £8 still - I know nothing of this. I did have a phonecall from RW after I had paid the ebay fees but I explained I had paid the fees (£16.86) directly to ebay, all confirmed from ebay etc and so their system obviously hadn't been updated.

The man just now on the phone from RW was quite rude and threatening. I asked him to send me an invoice and terms and conditions stating why etc I had to pay this £8 but he refused - he wouldn't let me speak and was shouting so I've just hung up....

Anyone have any advice for the above please? He's saying I have to pay the £8, I can't see anything (easily) on the ebay site and as far as I'm concerned the matter was settled ages ago when I settled the ebay account!

Well, basically, you've learned a valuable lesson I believe just about everyone on this site has learned - don't speak to DCA's on the phone.

Send a letter to Robinson Way, telling them that you have paid in full and you consider that to be the end of the matter. Unless they can furnish you with proof that this debt of £8 exists, if they continue to contact you, you will take it construe harrassment and will take the appropriate measures.

make sure you write "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company" at the top.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Muppets - let them call, it's their phone bill, not yours.

Wonder how many calsl they ahve to make before it costs them £8? ;)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I know its not right and ebay is cr*p

but just pay the f**king £8, its not worth the hassle...

If it was £8000 i'd understand, if it was £800 i'd understand, if it was £80 i'd understand, if it was £25 i would sort of understand.... but for £8 ... pay it off, you will live longer

I would disagree - for some people, it's not the monetary value which is important, it's the principle - too many people capitulate with the view of "it's only a small amount of money" - IMO, that's totally irrelevant - the point is, why should you part with your hard earned cash to a DCA wgo isn't owed it?

• Haha 1

I know. But people have gone bald over such small amounts of money, their blood pressure and stress levels have increased so much that their chances of a heart attack and stroke has tripled.

If you can spend £8 in a week easily at keeping healthy - then surely you can write off £8.

Do you really want them to add money on top of that? Most debts start off very small and they snowball. So £8 wont have that problem, but they could send people round, CCJ's etc.

What i am saying is life is too short to worry about £8. The average person gambles that by going on the lottery in a month...

It's a principle and I am not an "average" person - I don't play the lottery!

They probably make tons of money by people paying charges they don't owe...

If they won't show me the paperwork saying I owe the charge and can't prove it in the terms and conditions, why should I pay? I could easily start a similar [problem] and by some people stupidly paying charges they don't owe I would become very rich! But it's wrong.

Imagine if you were Robinson and Way and wrote a letter to 100 or 1,000 people asking for £8 and for a quiet life everyone paid it, you'd be making a lot of money for old rope - if you don't owe it DON'T PAY!

• Haha 1

£8.00, for someone on Income Support, represents nearly 25% of their weekly income.

With £8.00, I can buy:

7 loaves of bread = £1.40

2 x 4 pts milk = £2.00

8 x Baked Beans = £1.60

20 x Fish Fingers = £1.00

12 x yogurts = £1.40

1 kg Bananas = £0.70

In other words, if need be, I can feed a family of 4 for nearly 1 week.

Please don't assume that £8.00 is not worth it, for some people, it is the difference between eating or not, between freezing in winter or not. :mad:

I had letters sent via a debt collection agency for ebay, I didn't really understand how ebay worked, however I do now. I will never use ebay again.

Also on the subject of DCA TMobile continued to ask me for payment even though I had cancelled my phone. They said I had not used my number which I had asked them for 'a transfer number'? however I decided I would rather have a new number on my new phone, therefore my contract was still running!? I had the DCA call me and want me to give confirmation details over the phone, of course being 'smart' I wanted information from them as to why they were calling me. In the end the lady became very annoyed 'well it's your credit reference that will suffer' was the final comment before I hung up. I agree do not talk to DCA's on the phone.

Having checked my v/mails last night Robinson & Way are doing a fine job of time wasting without my help.....I have loads where it's the automatic calling system but the v/mail says "sorry our operators are busy, please hold" followed by a man / woman spending ages saying "hello? hello?" - have more than one!

Just took another call from Robinson & Way. Anyway in short the woman hung up on me.

I have it confirmed in writing from ebay I owe nothing, I know I owe nothing. I forwarded this email on to Robinson & Way this week. Anyway just told the woman on the phone I'd forwarded this to them and she said they'd received nothing. I said "are you lot really that stupid then that you send me CONFIRMATION" you've received this information and then call me and tell me it's not received?

It's affecting my credit rating I believe - I've applied for a basic, first time credit card and been refused - can't understand why as should have nothing on my credit report.

Any advice please?

Get your credit reports from the 3 CRA's and see what's on there would be the first thing to do.

I've requested them, but because moved in Oct and was only on electoral roll a couple of months ago I can't get my reports online so had to sent off loads of paperwork which is taking time.

Refusal may have nothing to do with adverse data - they're getting picky and if you don;t seem desperate enough they don't want your business unless they''ll make LOTS of money from you.... bounced DD's, late fees etc etc...

Hey managing director- tell you what- I'll phone you morning, noon and night telling you owe me £8- will you give me £8 to make me go away?

Muppet. This site all about standing up up to **** like that.

• Haha 1

An update.....

I had another call from them at 7 ish last night as I was getting home. This time I didn't know it was them (unknown number) so answered as presumed could've been a friend calling from work. Anyway I spoke to them and again they were just plain rude and said I owed them £8. I said that as they were unwilling to send me any details of these alleged charges and I have it confirmed from ebay there is nothing owed I wasn't prepared to pay them, and they could be anybody calling and of course I'm not going to give out my card details. I pointed out if I just called up people and asked for alleged debts with no foundation / anything I'd become very rich very quickly but that I'm not that stupid!

I also pointed out that because of the number of calls etc as far as I'm concerned it's harrassment by telephone. They said it wasn't harrassment by telephone as they were calling for money I owe them. I said I don't owe anything and this volume of calls (and voicemails) per day is harrassment and I will take further action.

I did get my partner to speak to them who quoted various bits of the law he remembered from here to them, and then the girl seemed to run out of her script and hung up.

I think I will contact Trading Standards today and send the harrassment by telephone letter - does anyone else have any further advice?

Just for the record again - I don't owe this money, this is why I am not prepared to pay it!

Simply this - report them to the OFT as well. If enough people complain and the complaints are serious enough, the OFT may decide to revoke their license.

Ok so please change if necc....this is the first letter I've done that's not standard!

Xxx

Xxx

xxx

3rd May 2007

Robinson Way & Co Ltd

London Scottish House

Mount Street

Manchester

M2 3LS

Dear Sir/Madam

This is my one and only letter in regards to frequent telephone calls from your company regarding alleged fees owed in connection with my ebay account.

As you are unwilling to provide copies of any invoices or terms and conditions detailing these alleged charges, I do not acknowledge this debt. I would advise you to cease pursuing this account as you cannot provide proof of contract.

Furthermore, if you do not cease all telephone calls with immediate affect I will be taking further action. I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127.

I have reported the above matter to both Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading.

I expect to hear from you within seven days to acknowledge you have received this letter and will cease pursuing this account.

Yours faithfully

xxxx