Here we go Capital 1

crusty git
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a huge wadge of documents from Cap1 today, extracted the ones I needed and sent the preliminary letter this afternoon.

A curious fact: although I thought Cap 1 had closed the account and sold the debt, (which is paid) the statements cover all the payments made to the collection agency and still show a credit limit and amount available to spend !!! all I need is a card!

we will see what happens next

J

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

Guest Lueeze

Me too! Its an inhouse agency I think....

Good Luck, they were the easiest to claim (for me anyway)

I have my partners refund of £120 already and I did my DPA on 16th April so not bad!

I have been paying NEWMAN & CO (DCA) £5 per week for the last three years for my Capital One debt. I had a total credit limit of £400 on my card but due to charges I reckon I have paid more than double what I owed in the first place and I still have £142 to go.:mad: I have mailed Newman to ask them to give me a total amount of the debt, to no avail. Can you please tell me if it is Capital One I start to harass for my charges or do I direct my sharp toungue at Newman & Co? Also can you tell me if the DCA are obliged to give me the paperwork for the total amount of my debt? Thanks very much. I am a woman on a mission, the amount I have paid in charges over the years makes my blood boil. I reckon I am around £12000 down.:shock: Watch this space :evil:

I received a huge wadge of documents from Cap1 today, extracted the ones I needed and sent the preliminary letter this afternoon.

A curious fact: although I thought Cap 1 had closed the account and sold the debt, (which is paid) the statements cover all the payments made to the collection agency and still show a credit limit and amount available to spend !!! all I need is a card!

we will see what happens next

J

Well I have been pursued by Cap 1 debt collectors for 3 years, but I went and claimed back my charges from Cap 1. Got to the moneyclaim stage and they have agreed to pay in full. Just waiting for the cheque....I didn't even consider contacting the debt collectors, but when they phoned asking me to pay up, I simply told them the debt was in dispute and they backed off.

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

This is a different debt collectr tho the one that Cap1 used in my case, as it was my wifes card she paid the collectors monthly and cleared the debt. According to the statements CAp1 have had all of the money collected.

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

new date to be set

Thanks to Bovvered and Crusty Git for the prompt replies. I will be contacting Capital One right now to reclaim MY money. Good luck to you and I'll keep all informed of my progress. As a matter of interest can I claim back charges due to mortgage arrears, even though I am now not with the Bank of Scotland and the arrears are cleared? Cheers

Well I have been pursued by Cap 1 debt collectors for 3 years, but I went and claimed back my charges from Cap 1. Got to the moneyclaim stage and they have agreed to pay in full. Just waiting for the cheque....I didn't even consider contacting the debt collectors, but when they phoned asking me to pay up, I simply told them the debt was in dispute and they backed off.

Ah well a resounding silence from Cap 1 in response to my prelo=iminary letter.

Lets see if the LBA I posted today produces a result

Hearing Jan 3 2007

new date to be set

• 1 month later...

Capital 1 ran true to form.

They made a rather hopefull offer which I declined and issued the claim.

A couple of weeks later I received an offer for the full amount which I of course accepted.

I WON

thanks everyone for your help.

Hearing Jan 3 2007

new date to be set