Tagal V Barclays

tagal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I am in a DMP with Payplan due to severe financial difficulties.

I owe Barclays £450 which is part of my DMP. I have decided to try and claim back bank charges over the past six years, which in a way put me in the position I am now in.

I was sent my statements free of charge (twice!) and the charges are over 3,000 without interest! I have written to Barclays asking for refund of charges and I stated that this would more than clear the amount I owe them. I have received a letter from them saying that they will respond no later than 8th May which is 2 weeks over my deadline. Maybe stupidly I agreed, but told them if payment is not received by then I will start court proceedings.

I have been reading through this forum and it had made me feel better and I have had a few laughs too. I am just really nervous to go the court route as it seems really frightening, but on the other hand they owe me the money and if roles were reversed they would try and lean heavy on me. I am tempted to accept whatever they offer, if they offer anything as life is very stressful. What is the next stage if I don't hear from them by 8th May?

So I am sure I will need lots of help and advice from you brave people that are going through or have been this route. Thanks X

tag, hi, youve made the first step, the rest is easy.

Next comms from B's will prob be an offer of arounf 1/3 of your claim.

before you accept this think, your charges already add up to £3000, THIS IS WITHOUT INTEREST, prob more like £4000 now'

eh, tempted now are we?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

First thing to do is go here, where you'll find all the basic facts. There is a step by step guide to making your claim, which will provide most of the answers. It's well worth spending lots of time reading the info - there's a lot to take in, but you'll be glad you did.

When you're claiming, the golden rules, IMHO, are:

STAY IN CONTROL. YOU set the timescale, not the bank. They use every delaying tactic they can.

KEEP EVERYTHING IN WRITING. There are template letters for most situations in the CAG library. Use them; they work! And always use recorded delivery postage. That way, things don't get 'lost in the post'.(well, not often!)

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Goes back to my original point. You'll be much more confident and relaxed if you do. If you're not sure about anything, ASK before action. There are thousands of people using this forum, there will always be someone who can help you. And don't be afraid to ask 'dumb' questions; we've all done it at some point.

READ THE FORUM, AND LEARN! I know I keep on about this, but it's rule no.1! The more you understand the process, the more confident you'll feel. And never forget that YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT !!!

OK, speech over.

;) ;) ;)