New to site - getting ready to take on HSBC

sutterclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Both my husband and I have had accounts with HSBC for over 12 years (savings, student, graduate and now a joint account).

This week we got our joint statement through which informed us that because we had gone £40 over our agreed overdraft (which is £50) they were charging us £150!!!!! We were gobsmacked. We decided its time to trawl through all our past statements and get back all of the money they've stolen from us over the past few years.

This site will be a great help to us as we're very new to all of this.

Can you answer some of my questions:

1. Where can we find the template letters on the site?

2. If it reaches the small claim court..............do we actually attend court or is it all done through forms?

3. How much does it cost to go through the small claim court (say on an amount of £500-£1000).

Many thanks.

welcome to the forum - you'll get lots of helpful advice from the happy little group here -

first and foremost - don't rush into anything - read up first: Newcomer? Here's A User Guide , read through a couple of times to get the idea.

this thread will lead you to the templates,

it could, in theory, end up in court - but hasn't yet. the whole idea is that they will resolve it to keep it from going to court as doing that they would have to divulge how much it costs to send a letter telling you you are overdrawn - and they won't - so they settle -

saying that, it isn't a quick process - you can figure 4 months from your first letter to getting your money (approx)

do it right to save any problems.

any questions - ask away - there is always someone around.

as you have charges over 6 years - and lots are talking about claiming those - i might suggest first reading different threads to get a feel for it - but probably best to go with a claim for the last 6 years - and after that - look at the older ones - you'll have more experience and will know a lot more about it by then -

you'll see the charges before long - but it's 125 to file on-line (that would be 28 days after your first letter to the bank) on charges over 1000, i think.

good luck - read the faqs and step by steps and get back with questions.

Do you have any other charges? Go for them all. They pushed the charges, if you must take issue go for them all back.

If you don't have complete statements, use a Subject Access Request to get them.

Use the spreadsheets on this site to calculate the amount you are owed.

Send a 'Prelim' letter asking for it back. (£1.00 recorded first class).

When you are blanked, and after 14 days, send a 'Letter Before Action' (LBA) (also £1.00).

When you are blanked again, issue an N1 or a Money Claim Online (MCOL) (about £100-£120 - but you are getting it back, don't forget.)

All the templates on here. Read and research.

When stuck, ask!

Very, very best of luck.

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

hi, and welcome to the forum. the best thing you can do to start a claim is to do your homework BEFORE you start. read as many threads as you can and faq's so you stay one step ahead. that way, it's an 'easier' process.

there are many successes on this site as you will see when you read the threads, but none have been done by anyone else but themselves as it's self-help. i wish you all the best on your claim. any questions you have - shout!! we're here to hear you.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!