Debitas

sonic007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sonya, have you sent Debitas a CCA request to see if they can legally request money from you?

I do not have any personal dealings with this Debt collection agency, but this would be the first action I would take

Red

Send this to Debtass:

dear sir/madam

i would like to inform you that the balance of this acc is in dispute with the original creditor. Therefore i consider this acc to be in dispute and not further action shall be taken until this matter is resolved

your faithfully

While a debt is in dispute NO action is allowed to be taken, of ANY sort.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

May be of interest:

The Banking Code section 13.6:-

We may give information to the Credit Reference Agencies about personal debts you owe us if:

The Amount Owed is Not in Dispute.

The Office of Fair Trading provided a Code of Guidance that is in relation to Debt Collection: OFT 664 Response to consultation paper and final guidance on unfair business practices dated July 2003

Deceptive and/or Unfair Methods-

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:-

k. Not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

Report them to the OFT and Trading Standards (and by them I mean Cap 1 and Debitas)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.