Mrs raaydaar v Cap 1 and so it begins

raaydaar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, Mrs raaydaars claim against Cap 1 will be giopng out on Thursday when she gets back from the in-laws, We're going for charges plus cci at 29.95%, I've adapted the initial letter to try and speed things up a little any thoughts?

REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

Dear Sir,CARD ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to late fees and over limit charges, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

My statements show that you have taken £xxx in unlawful penalty charges(late payment and over limit fees). In addition I claim contractual interest at an annual rate of 29.95% (compounded daily) on the above charges amounting to £xxx. I also require you to repay the fee for my subject access request, an additional £10, bringing the total for my claim as of today’s date to £xxx. Please note that interest on this amount is accruing daily at the rate of £0.xx.

For your reference, I have attached a detailed schedule of these charges.

Please note that this amount is non negotiable and I require repayment in full of the above amount plus daily interest accrued at a rate of £0.xx in the form of a cheque made payable to Mrs raaydaar at your earliest convenience, and in any case within 21 days of receipt of this letter in order to avoid additional interest charges and legal costs being added to the claim.

If you do not comply fully within 21 days from receipt of this letter, I shall begin a claim against you in the small claims court for the full amount plus additional daily interest, plus my costs, without further notice.

Please note that a standard template letter or any form of stalling tactic will not satisfy me and I will take such a letter as a negative response and will commence legal proceedings immediately on receipt of such a letter.

I look forward to receiving payment from you within 21 days of receipt of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs raaydaar

• 5 months later...

Been struggling to get this sorted due to illness, but back on track now, ggot the usual offer of difference in charges from 20 to 12, sent in rejection requesting full amount plus removal of default. Finally got reply today from Ellie Renshaw stating the usual rubbish about we fel our cahrges are reasonable etc.

So it's off to court with this one (not that it will get that far)

Anyone got a POC for the N1 including request fro default removal?