Payment Plan; does this effect claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im looking to claim back aound 2,000. However I am currently in a repayment plan with my bank as I am several hundered over my OD limit. I am paying back the minimum each month to keep them happy.

If I start my claim soon the timescale will probably mean that the whole process takes place before Im back in the agreed OD.

Will this payment plan or the fact that im over my od limit effect my claim????

Thanks

None of these things should affect your claim. However, the banks have shown themselves as extremely vindictive and you need to take care.

Is your payment plan properly written down and agreed?

If it is then there shouldn't be any problem or if there is then you are more likely to be able to do something about recriminatory action.

Of course, you say that you are over your overdraft limit. However, have you calculated the charges which they owe you.

It may well be that you are not over your limit at all.

Don't forget that every charge the bank takes from you unlawfully is a charge which they owe you.

It may well be that the charges which they owe you are more than your entire overdraft in which case it is the bank which owes you money: not you them.

You have to get yourself into the mindset that by levying unlawful charges against you, it is the bank which is abusing or misusing your account - not the other way round.

consumer forums

consumerforums

Thankyou for your help. Yes the bank have sent me a letter explaining what has been agreed. Can you explain recriminatory action?

I am paying £60 each month £35 of which is just interest, can I claim back this aswell.

You are completely right about my attitude I am not even in my overdraft with the amount they owe me.

Thankyou again.

H