How Are Repayments Made?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4982 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm in the middle of a claim from Nationwide for just under £300, but my account is actually closed and has been sold to a debt collection agency. Given that fact, there's no account to repay the charges into, so do you think it's likely I'll get a cheque through the post? Or will they re-open the account to put money into it?

Hi Spurious,

You'll get a cheque.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi, I'm not sure about that. If you are claiming for charges then the account is under dispute and should be passed back to Nationwide. If this happens I am sure that they will offset any credits against your debt.

Hi, I'm not sure about that. If you are claiming for charges then the account is under dispute and should be passed back to Nationwide. If this happens I am sure that they will offset any credits against your debt.

Hmmm, even if the debt has been sold? Surely it would be up to Spurious to pay an external DCA. After all, Nationwide are not their client if the DCA bought the debt.

Of course, I'm using logic to understand these matters rather than any knowledgable background, so I accept I may be wrong.:rolleyes:

K.:)

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hello spurious!

It has been known for Nationwide to pay the amount that U re-claim, direct to the DCA.

U need to specifically state that U require a cheque made out to U personally for the amount that U are re-claiming, BEFORE U will consider that your Claim has been Settled in Full.

Ideally, this should be done at an early as possible stage and re-iterated at every stage after that.

It would be advantageous for U to find out whether or not the original debt has DEFINITELY been sold (...by Deed of Assignment) to the DCA, or whether or not the DCA is just acting as agents for the Nationwide.

A £1 CCA 1974 Request to the DCA may be helpful for U.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• 1 month later...

I have had a MCOL claim issued against Nationwide and sent them my schedule of charges to add to the particulars of my claim. This was sent recorded delivery on 24th May, but it's still showing up as 'come back later' on the Royal Mail website. They appear to be shockingly inefficient at delivering recorded delivery letters and I have no way of knowing if MCOL have received it.

Should I send it again? Is it too late now? What happens if they don't get it?!

I have no way of knowing if MCOL have received it.....Should I send it again? Is it too late now? What happens if they don't get it?!
Ring the MCOL 'Help Desk'...The number is on their website.

Royal Mail are sometimes a bit tardy in updating their website info.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it WASN'T delivered.

If it hasn't been delivered, depending on what MCOL advise U of course,

I'd just send another copy off to them.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

I have had a MCOL claim issued against Nationwide and sent them my schedule of charges to add to the particulars of my claim. This was sent recorded delivery on 24th May, but it's still showing up as 'come back later' on the Royal Mail website. They appear to be shockingly inefficient at delivering recorded delivery letters and I have no way of knowing if MCOL have received it.

Should I send it again? Is it too late now? What happens if they don't get it?!

They lost my first S.A.R cost me 40 days

They lost my first S.A.R cost me 40 days

???..U sent a S.A.R. to MCOL???...:confused:

Sure U aren't confusing MCOL with Nationwide???...;):)

(Jules Winnfield)

I think the poster meant Royal Mail actually, MTM!

I called them in the end (MCOL) and found I could just as easily fax stuff over to them, so that's what I did (and emailed it too, for good measure)

I never said that I send an S.A.R to MCOL .... just stated that it was also lost in the royal mail :o
Ohhhh nooo U didn't!...lol...:p

U may have 'implied' it (#3)...but U didn't actually STATE it!...lol...:D

They lost my first S.A.R. cost me 40 days

(Jules Winnfield)

Ι am slowly becoming a BANK :o
Oh goodie!

...Do U do loans over the internet without checking an applicants Credit Report???...lol...:D

(Jules Winnfield)