Just starting claim against Natwest

WendyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

took my initial letter into branch at end of Feb. 3 weeks later got original letter back, datestamped as received on 2nd March. They said they wanted a cheque for £5, which i sent on 26th march to the Glasgow address. By Tuesday last week, had had no reply despite phone calls to branch, collections and anyone else I could get through to.. Finally got through to a lovely helpful chap at Boreham Wood (yes I know helpful is a contradiction in terms when it comes to Natwest but he was!) Told him the story, pointed out that the 40 days was now 46 days, and hey presto my bank statements arrived two days later! At no charge! As yet the cheque I originally sent has not been cashed.

The helpful bloke said just to highlight the charges I wish to reclaim then send back with a letter. Should I claim the interest as well? The spreadsheets won't let me into them at all, so I'm thinking it might be as well just to claim the charges. The sum involved is £1219, since December 2005. Should I also claim the £28.00 fees for going over my authorised overdraft? There are 3 of these.

And I know this is dim but what does LBA stand for?

Wendy

At this stage(Letter Before Action) Wendy just claim the charges that show on the statements and include the £28 for going over the o/d limit.

If they do not reply to the LBA and you end up taking the claim to court then you can factor the interest at 8%.

Good luck.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi WendyB

The same thing has happened with me. My 40 days run out next week so I've phoned chasing mine and they're sending my statements free of charge. They've told me to cancel my last cheque. I think they are that busy at the moment, things are ending up getting muddled.

I think that we all appreciate that they are busy but at the end of the day this is a mess of their own making and there are certain time frames that they have to abide by and they know this so as long as we stick to these then we cannot go wrong.

Sky

Make sure that they do not charge you for cancelling your cheque!

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Thanks

am hoping to get letter sent off today, depends if the boss notices I'm doing personal stuff or not!.

Hopefully if it all goes through okay will have some money for the holiday I'm going on at the end of June. Wouldn't it be good to be lying there on the sunbed thinking.... Natwest have paid for this.......

But at the end of the day it's me who's paid really. I'll just look at it as though they've done me a favour by saving it up for me!! Just trying to be charitable lol, wasn't thinking like that when they were nicking vast sums out of my account on an almost daily basis and I could hardly afford to live!

Hi

managed to get it all done, am going to post on way home tonight. Fingers crossed!!

Although its a joint account, having read up on the site it seems that its okay for either signatory to sign.

I'll keep you all posted.

Wendy