not my debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i keep receiving debt letters for someone who used to live at my house, on friday i received one and opened it, it says they are going to get a ccj. i i thought i would ring them and let them know the person does not live at property.

so i ring up this morning gave them acc number gave them my name, and explained that i bought the house on november and that i am on the electrol roll.

anyway he wanted to know personal details such as what estate agents i used when i bought my house to which i replyed i have given u all the information u need please stop sending letters etc

he then got angry saying i had to give him this information and why was i being awkward as he could find out as its public information, so i said well ifs its public then it will be easy for u to find out

he then started saying i was lying so i put the phone down

i cannot believe they can speak to people in this way????

Don't even bother with them Lindsay. You've tried to be helpful and they respond in that way...charming. If you get any more letters mark them 'not at this address' and pop them back in the postbox.

I would guess the idiot you spoke to who asked for details of the estate agent would be doing so in the hope of tracing the person they want...and its not your responsibility to help them.

:)

A letter of complaint to the debt collection company wouldn't go amiss, but don't expect a sorry.

i agree with Zimmie

draft a letter explaining that they are seeking the former owner of the house (dont say you opened one of the letters)

and ask them to stop sending letters.

tell them your on the electoral role and this is proof enough that you are not the person they are looking for.

dont worry about it though ok?

kenny

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

It's for the DCA to prove that they are chasing the right person. There's no onus on you to prove you're not that person.

However frustrating the letters might be, they're not your problem so don't let the clowns worry you.

Which DCA is it, as a matter of interest?

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Lindsay have a look at the sticky on OFT Debt Collection Guidance. What the OFT really mean by guidance is you better do it or we'll think about fining you/revoking your license. Report them to the OFT

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

keep everything they send, you might need it to build a case against them in the future.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Don't do anything. Send anymore letters back, unopened. It's an offence under the Postal Sevrvices Act 2000 to open anything addressed to somebody else.

Just write on the envelope something like "not here since xx/xx/xxxx" and then give it back to the postman or post it yourself.

Regards, Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

another letter from them today, the dca is wescot i will post it back to them tomorrow. morons i was telling my mum and dad who are pensioners and when they bought there house they had exactly the same problem they tried several times to tell them that the person who owed the debt had moved, they even faxed there details as proof of ownership and they still harrassed them, threatening visits etc my mum and dad were oviously frieghtened and had to get there soliciter involved to sort it out. its disgusting.

Wescot Credit Services Ltd - Blagger.com - The place to leave feedback and comments about companies you have used

Wescot won't go away without a fight Lindsay. What you could do is get a bigger envelope than the letter you're sending back and put your own letter inside as well as the unopened envelope from them stating that you require a copy of their complaints procedure....... UNLESS they are prepared to write back to you stating that their harassment of you will end forthwith, and that if this does not happen that you'll be making a complaint to Hull Trading Standards and seeking/supporting a prosecution.

If it was ME though..... Each time you get a letter, don't open it, get a bigger envelope to send it back in (large letter size), write on the front of their envelope "doesn't live here anymore", post it (don't give it to the postman) without a stamp, and repeat the process each time you get a letter.

Keep us posted ;)

Regards, Dave.