Another Cca Lewis Debt Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I sent a CCA request to Lewis Debt Recovery who is acting on behalf of Lloyds TSB for a cheque guarantee account I had on February 23rd and have received the following letter back off them, any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Your requests for documentation were forwarded to our client on 28th February 2007 upon receipt of your original letter dated 23rd February 2007.

As we are not the creditor or owner of this account we are not under any obligations to provide the documentation within a specific time frame.

As you will be aware, because this account relates to multiple overdrafts and there are no credit agreements available, however you have admitted liability by paying the account since 2003, as a gesture of goodwill we have obtained copies of your statements for your perusal at no cost to yourself.

Our clients Lloyds TSB Bank plc holds all documentation for your account therefore as you can appreciate we cannot obtain the information you requested within a certain time we are dependent on our client. We did however write to advise you of this on two separate occasions.

Should you stop making payments on this account your account will fall into default and we will have no option but to take further action on your account.

OK so they are not complying with your request and wish to supply you with documents you have not asked for.

Go to Court on it because they have to ahere to your request. I know some people say if they admit there is no CA they have complied - I can't see how that can realistically be correct. If they can't supply it they are in default.

OK so they are not complying with your request and wish to supply you with documents you have not asked for.

Go to Court on it because they have to ahere to your request. I know some people say if they admit there is no CA they have complied - I can't see how that can realistically be correct. If they can't supply it they are in default.

Thank you Vampyra, do you know how i go about taking this to court?

Let them commit the offence first 12 days + 2 days + 30 days. Or just ask them to settle this in a Court.

I'm going to phone Trading Standards now, (given my luck with phone calls today, I might end up arguing with them too), and find out if they have absolved themselves of all obligations to provide a CA if they admit they don't have it.

I'll get back to you.

Hayley,

You may want to let Lewis Debt Recovery know that you intend to report the to the OFT on the grounds that

their client has broken the OFT Debt collection guidance with regards to sections 1.9. The DCA has broken this guidance with regards to sections 2.2.e, 2.4.b, 2.6.g&h, & 2.8.k. You will therefor be reporting them to the OFT on the grounds that they and their client are not fit to hold a consumer credit license under section 25 of The Consumer Credit Act.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.