Reclaiming after agreeing a discount on debts?

df1970

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am about to start the process with Natwest.

However, I had 4 accounts with them with a total debt of £12000.

When I remortgaged, I offered them £8000 in full and final settlement of all the monies owed them and they agreed to write off the rest in return for a cash payment and closed the 4 accounts.

However, since finding out that I can reclaim bank charges, does anyone know if I have the right to do so since I negotiated a discount on what I originally owed?

I am guessing that there was about £2000 in charges. This would mean on a £12000 debt, they would have had to write off £4000 and now also pay me back £2000.

Seems very cheeky of me but they screwed me at the time and would not offer any real help what so ever.

Cheers,

Damon30

There is no problem in reclaiming their unlawfull charges so don't feel your being cheeky you are not. It's them who are the cheeky ones.

However before advising it would help to know if you have settled the debts?

Also did they accept your offer as being full & final?

Hi,

I kept all the paperwork. I had a letter from them stating that they would accept the £8000 as full and final settlement.

I paid it.

However, I never received a letter back confirming that everything is paid off and that they have no further claims.

I called them on Friday and requested confirmation that all my accounts were paid up so that I can be 100% sure before I send my first round of letters.

Damon30

Then that matters is now closed & can't be reopened. They where the ones to sign full & final not you

Proceed to claim as per normal & best wishes

If you adopt the position that they are acting unlawfully and that you did not know this when you entered into a F&F agreement, I would say that you would be free to go and get the rest as your F&F agreement was obtained on their misrepresentation and is therefore vitiated.