Advice for a newbie please - Smile statement charges

Embells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I am new to all this but have already tried (a few weeks ago) to ask Smile to send me my last 6 years' statements, and they replied saying that the total cost for the statements would be £590!! This is made up of the past 12 months statements costing £2.50, and any statements over 12 months costing £10 each.

Smile do advise that you print off your monthly statements, but as I have no access to a printer I have never done this.

Is there anything I can do about this, or am I bound by the fact that they state the statement charges in their terms and conditions?

Sorry if this is a previously asked question but I can't seem to find a thread about it so would be really grateful for any advice.

Thank you!

Embells

Okay send them a SAR, located here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

If you have already done this when you initially asked for statements remind them of this and that they are legally only allowed to charge a max of £10 and the 40 days are ticking. For more info on SAR rules and regs click here http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/subject_access_-_guide_for_data_subjects.pdf

Hopefully that should clear everything up.......Rory

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Oh almost forgot......make sure everything you send them is by recorded delivery. Then they can't deny they got it.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

That's really helpful thanks... I hadn't sent a SAR at first, I just sent them an e-mail asking for the statements. I'll get the letter sent off to them asap and keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks again!

Embells

I do not have a printer either, but use a nice (free!) programme called CutePDF which means you can print anything and it saves it as a PDF document. I have a folder which I keep all my PDF Smile statements in for future reference.