ABloke -v- Alliance & Leicester

ABloke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a business and I wish to claim unlawful bank charges from A&L for the charges made to my business account.

I have my statements for the last 6 years and I have looked through them to see what kinds of charges have been made against my account.

There are four types of charge to this account, they are..

1 Charges

2 Payment against uncleared effects charge

3 Miscellaneous charge anticipation of funds

4 Failed cheque charge

They roughly total 6k for the past 6 years.

Can all these charges be claimed back or only some?

Also what steps do I take next?

Hi,

Thanks for the info Mochamoo.

Step 1 is complete as I have my bank statements at hand.

Right, I am working my way down the info inside the link you gave me, i'm up to the bit about charges.

"CHARGES YOU CAN CLAIM

You can reclaim charges added to your account for a breach of contract, such a cheque referral, unpaid direct debits. You can't claim for standard business fees for running the account/fee for a particular service."

Here are the charges against my account

1 Charges

2 Payment against uncleared effects charge

3 Miscellaneous charge anticipation of funds

4 Failed cheque charge

Am I right to believe that I can claim back charges #2, #3 and #4 but charge #1 is just the standard charge for running the account?

hiya

I have included, failed transaction charge, failed cheque charge, unauthorised overdraft charge and paid item charges the only one I did not include was the charge (its £5.00 on the current accounts - its personal not business) for having the overdraft facility. On our business account (its with lloyds tsb) included charges for cheques and paying in cash and stuff I would not of included that , only like penalties (for doing transactions that are not normal i.e. bouncing cheques stopping dds and going over the overdraft) does that make sense? sorry if it doesn't

Am I right to believe that I can claim back charges #2, #3 and #4 but charge #1 is just the standard charge for running the account?

As long as the charges are for having a having a business account then nope cant be claimed -if it just says charges and you are not sure what they are for give A&L a quick call.

hiya

I have included, failed transaction charge, failed cheque charge, unauthorised overdraft charge and paid item charges the only one I did not include was the charge (its £5.00 on the current accounts - its personal not business) for having the overdraft facility. On our business account (its with lloyds tsb) included charges for cheques and paying in cash and stuff I would not of included that , only like penalties (for doing transactions that are not normal i.e. bouncing cheques stopping dds and going over the overdraft) does that make sense? sorry if it doesn't

Makes sense to me:D