GLAD vs ABBEY- GOGW-HELP

glad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brief run down - gone through all stages and received usual response of looking into complaint etc so have today filed court claim for almost £4600 inc interest.On getting home theres a letter from Abbey saying that

" I have now carried out a full investigation and am sorry you are unhappy with charges and I understand you would like these refunded.Although the charges were correct as a gesture of goodwill I am happy to refund £470!!!.your account will be updated in the next 10 working days."

I naturally don't want to accept this and want to continue with the court case. Any ideas as to how I go about this- do I write or phone.

Any help glady received.

thanks

Glad

write to them refusing the gogw, and say that you will be persuing them for the full amount of your claim through the courts

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

As Lula says write to them. There are some templates for refusing offers in the Templates Library.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks it's really good to know that other people get the same letters. It really took me aback by the sheer cheek of their offer and the audicity to say they are correct in the amount they charge!!.

Glad:)

its a percentages game Glad, an awful lot of people will accept that and take it no further, but those people havt heard of us ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I realise that the Abbey and all other banks play a game with us and as you say many people would take the offer because the letter they send is quite intimidating. I'm just grateful of all the help that people give me

Good stuff glad. You may find that once they receive notification of the court case they have a small change of heart.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks. Can anyone just answer a quick question before I post this letter. As this was a GOGW and not a settlement do I still just refuse it and ask that they take it back from my account or do I accept as a partial payment and say that I am still chasing for rest.

Any Ideas?

Glad,

Did you read the rejection letters bit in the library? If not here it is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Basically you can accept it or not the choice is yours.

Okay just change the letter from response to Full and Final Offer to Response to Goodwill Payment and say that you decline it (tell them to remove payment from your account) and respectfully ask that they return to you all charges imposed on the account as per your correspondence of whatever date your last letter was. You may also want to point out to them that the matter is now in the hands of the County Court.

No it shouldn't effect your claim as long as you tell them you don't consider this to be settlement (just partial settlement).

Hi Glad, I'm in exactly the same position as you, but will it affect my claim if I don't give the money back seeing as it's a GOGW not a settlement?

Matt

Hi Matt,

I really don't know the answer to that but hopefully somebody will reply.

Good luck with your claim and thanks Rory for your reply I've amended the letter.

Glad:)

Quick update- sent off refusal to Abbey.Next day £400 not £470 as stated was refunded into my account strangley enough in £20 and £35 amounts each one saying charge refund!!!!I'm going to leave the money where it is as I asked them to remove it as I didn't want to accept their GOGW.

N1 already filed so let's see what happens next.

Can anyone give me a rough idea how long from filing N1 before I hear anything from the court- it's been 10 days.

Thanks

Glad:p

HOORAY- Received Notice of Issue from court -Abbey have until 14/5 to reply.

In same post a letter from Abbey following my refusal of GOGW -from Richard Harris-Bog standard letter I presume

" I have just received details of your complaint and I am sorry that we have not yet been able to resolve your concerns.One of my team will look at all the releveant fact,review any paperwork and talk to the people involved,so that they fully understand the problem.

We will investigate fully and reply to you within 4 weeks."

I find it quite amazing that last week they had fully investigated my complaint and they were right to charge a fortune in bank charges but gave me a GOGW- seems my complaint is re-opened -YIPEE!!!:eek:

Hi I went to Money claims on line only on Friday and filled in the form already the Courts have sent this to abbey. Yippee.

So Abbey have already Received Notice of Issue from court they have until 19th of May to reply.

GoodLuck Everyone

P.HIGGINS