Halifax fighting back against second claim...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I successfully claimed back £719 back in March as I had a years worth of statements and started a claim while I waited for the other 5 years worth.

when I received my statements I started a new claim for £1,330. The deadline for the LBA was up last week and on Saturday I received a letter from Halifax saying that as I accepted their settlement for my first claim, I agreed that I couldn't claim back any future charges.

Is this right?

If I did agree not to claim future charges, does this count as they're not really future charges, but charges dated back 6 years. I haven't had any new charges on my account since December.

Can someone please help as I'm worried that I've blown my chance of getting all my money back by accepting my first claim?

i don't think that even if you signed something that said you couldn't claim again you'd be bound by it, as you can't sign away any legal rights, i'd get a different opinion though:)

hope this helps

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

I have successfully claimed twice and am about to start my 3rd court case. I guess it depends what you signed, if anything, but as far as I'm concerned, each claim should be judged on it's own merits and at the end of the day, you're claiming unfair charges.

When you signed, you accepted the charges, the paper you signed was not a legally binding contract.

Carry on claiming, they dont have a leg to stand on and if it goes to court they will have to disclose the real costs.

this is why they will pay out before - dont let their scare tatics put you off, its your money and they will pay

good luck

i'd have a mod look at you're thread BEFORE you do anthing else, just to be sure. it seems the goal post's keep moving, as i'm now finding out to my cost.

me v helifax

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.