Kevbc61(wifey) v Abbey

kevbc61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been through the whole saga from first letter posted on 2nd Jan this year, through to MCOL, we have just recieved a court date for county court on 30th July and a request for copies of all documents etc.. to be sent to other party and court, I assume this is the court bundle, no later than 14 days before hearing. Notice of allocation also states that claim has been listed with a number of similar cases..Does this mean the courts are getting the hang of these claims and dont really expect to hear them all?

I have read many threads on this site and I'm reasonably confident of things going smoothly, it seems to have been straight by the book up to now, any Ideas if we are likely to receive an offer before or after court bundles are posted or are Abbey likely to leave it until 29th July...

I have also read with interest litigation costs being claimed, do we have to state this anywhere in court bundle? as I think 30 hrs minimum sounds about right.

aq's arent being sent as standard anymore. I had the same letter with the aq section crossed out from croyden county cc saying I had to provide court bundle ect. Costs can be claimed but i'd say 30hrs is a bit high and may be refused. I'm going to ask inga/james for 13hrs plus £6.50 for each letter sent plus I have sent almost every letter by registered post. when they ring to settle I will demand these costs. If they refuse to offer costs try sending this letter

Application for costs

Abbey 1 settled in full 01/05/07

aq's arent being sent as standard anymore. I had the same letter with the aq section crossed out from croyden county cc saying I had to provide court bundle ect. Costs can be claimed but i'd say 30hrs is a bit high and may be refused. I'm going to ask inga/james for 13hrs plus £6.50 for each letter sent plus I have sent almost every letter by registered post. when they ring to settle I will demand these costs. If they refuse to offer costs try sending this letter

Application for costs

Inga has been quoted as saying that 20 hours is the average time for a court bundle

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 months later...

Just to let you all know we received our full settlement offer today from Abbey, 5 days after we sent court bundles and 10 days before court hearing, just waiting for funds to clear. Not going to make claim for litigation costs as Abbey have offered £100 more for court fees etc. so we are more than happy.

Once funds have cleared I'll make donation, thanks for all the info on the site. Any new claimers reading this just follow the system all the way to the end...and you will surely succeed.