Highways Issues

jonr

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning everyone,

To cut a long story short i hit a very large pothole and bent 1 alloy and blew 2 tyres.

Sent a claim letter to my local highways with a quote for repair and dozens of photos of the pothole and damage to my car.

4 weeks have passed and havent even heard a sausage. so i rang them this morning and spoke to someone and its still sat in there in-tray.

I asked for a receipt of ackwoledgement within 7 days and reimbursement with in 14 days as i have no car and cant afford to repair it with out the money from them.

Can i claim through MCOL?

Thanks for reading

Jon,

Guest Big Lash

don't know about MCOL at the moment, but I think another letter explaining you will use court action, sounds in order at this stage. You will need to demonstrate to the court that you tried to resolve this issue conventionally first, and only resulted to the legal route when other avenues were exhausted. (it only needs a few etters by the way)

Guest Bert52

Firstly, what road is it? It will be pretty useless to issue a claim against a body that doesn't maintain it!

They shouldn't have taken so long to not reply to even acknowledge your claim.

However, these types of claim are often very difficult to win via a small claims action.

You will need to do your homework. Is it a main road? It is not enough just to say it's busy. Find out from your council the importance and, therefore, the budget used to maintain it.

I guess you mean your local highways is a department within your council?