Barclaycard PPP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Don't know whether I should be here or Barclaycard forum.

Does any Barclaycard user know whether the policy looks after self-employed? It looks like it may to myself, if the company is formally wound up?

Also, if the plan was arranged on the phone with no actual signature involved, are they still valid?

Also, does pre-existing medical conditions automatically invalidate all benefits?

Chelsea4Abbie

Hi

Don't know whether I should be here or Barclaycard forum.

Does any Barclaycard user know whether the policy looks after self-employed? It looks like it may to myself, if the company is formally wound up?

Also, if the plan was arranged on the phone with no actual signature involved, are they still valid?

Also, does pre-existing medical conditions automatically invalidate all benefits?

Chelsea4Abbie

Hello chelsea,

Sorry I don't know the answere to your first question, but in reference to the signature maybe send a Credit Agreement request, Costs a £1, but they have to supply you with a properly executed credit agreement.:eek:

You will find it in here

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner you need letter N

pre-existing medical conditions do invalidate the premium

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks

Done that--got a letter saying here's policy but as over phone--no signed agreement--do they keep the notes of the telephone sign up asproof of the agreement?

Thanks

Done that--got a letter saying here's policy but as over phone--no signed agreement--do they keep the notes of the telephone sign up asproof of the agreement?

Hello Very interesting, did they give you copies of the recorded conversations. If not ask, as part of your SAR.

Maybe send them a CCA request for a copy of your properly excequted agreement.

Look on the Debt section its under the sticky credit templates etc. You need letter N. It costs a £1 and see what they come up with.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update--they are sending copies of all manual notes/memos/phone transcripts.

They have confirmed that there is no ACTALLY SIGNED agreement as was done over phone & sent to me (don't remberer that) & I had 60 days to cancel.

Chelsea

mm The mysterious acceptance over the phone, Now I am sure I have heard that one before, So it could well be their word against yours.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 2 weeks later...

Abbie

Have you received the info from Barclays - i.e. copies of all manual notes/memos/phone transcripts etc?

Was this the result of sending the PPI S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from the site? It details what you should expect them to have, and demands copies. It's the gaps that you are looking for, proof that they did not underwrite properly.

There is a very informative questionnaire on the Oasis PPI Claim site.

Mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance - PPI Compensation - Oasis Financial Services

It covers the vital circumstances which could indicate mis-selling.

Personally, I would not get into issues of cover, terms etc with them. Your argument (IMHO) has to centre around mis-selling from the start in the absence of proper underwriting.

PPI is getting a hotter issue as time draws on - do not relent, get your money back.

HTH,

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".