Further unlawful actions?!?

alex69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning folks,

When I started this whole exciting process (getting back what is lawfully mine!), I wasn't using this site but switched shortly into the process. As a result, I sent all of my SAR's by regular post :(

I have received replies, within the 40 day deadline, to all but one of my SAR's - the one from Nationwide with whom I have incurred most of my charges.

I rang them once the 40 days was up and they denied ever receiving my request. They told me to take another £10 cheque to my local branch and hand it in with a copy of my original request which I did last Wednesday.

Last Friday, they cashed my original cheque for £10 (as I didn't cancel this - it costs £10 to cancel it!) :-x

So, they have my £10, I have no SAR materials and it's now 52 days since I sent my original SAR, and they might potentially take another £10 if they cash the second cheque!

I assume I now have some rights over them? What should I do next please?

hi alex, i would advise you call the member services department and explain your situation to them they were very helpful with me and i got my statements from them the next day 01793 712434 member services. best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Thanks Lori1, I gave them a call and it seems they now have a 'separate department' dealing with these issues in Swindon. Their DP office doesn't have a complete log of all the cases received as SAR's are sent to this office in Swindon.

Anyway, they've arranged for me to pick up 4 years of statements (I cancelled the account 2 years ago) at the local branch at the end of the week. As for the credit card statements, they will take longer but if there's evidence there were several charges around the 6 years cut off, I'll for the extra month statement and claim the charges on that too on the basis they delayed providing the SAR data!

Finally, I've managed to cancel the latest cheque for free as it seems Lloyds TSB will do if something has been lost in post (how do they know it wasn't anyway!?!)

Thanks again folks and watch this space.