Debt Managers Ltd Help Required.

lulu99

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has made an arrangement with Debt Managers Ltd to pay installments of £5 per month for a debt of £406.

At the moment I am on my soap box and am in process of sending cca letters to dca's.

As he has already made these arrangements, although he hasn't yet made a payment to them, do you think I should not pursue them for a cca???

£5 is a tiny amount but its the principle.

What would you do???

Do you think they will get stroppy if he requests a cca now arrangements have already been put into place??

Thanks.

not at all.

you were forced into doing it.

i wouldn't even pay a dca anything.

mae an arrangement with the original creditor, unless the dca has brought the debt.

bit more info would be useful.

have you got the interst etc frozen?

how old?

dx100uk:)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply.

He had already negotiated with them by the time I found out.

I have a letter here dated the 17th April stating ACCEPTED OFFER CONFIRMATION. I was out when he made these arrangements.

The first payment is due today (23/4/07).

I have no idea if they have bought the debt. It is for next catalogue.

I am going to cca them. The interest hasn't been frozen as far as i am aware.

I know its only for a fiver a month, but how long will that take to pay off £406. Will interest be added on top of that??

It is the principle.

Having an arrangement in place doesn't change anything - OH should continue to pay the arrangement until they default on the CCa (which reading around this site, Next seem to ahve a tendency to do). he can then legitimately stop payments to them as they ahve defaulted on the account.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

12 working days plus another 2 to allow for pigeon post until they default. Then as tiglet says don't pay them a thing if you want.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I also had an arrangement to pay Debt Managers Ltd a fiver a week for a £8,000 Barclaycard debt.

Until last October, when I sent them (Debt Managers Ltd) the CCA request letter in the library and a £1 postal order.

After 12days were up I stopped paying. I never heard from them again!

Six months later I got a letter from Wescot demanding full payment of the "debt".

I sent them the same CCA request letter, along with another £1 postal order and a statement informing them that the account was in dispute due to unlawful charges and interest levied theron by Barclaycard.

Three days later they wrote back stating my account was on "hold" and I would hear from them in "due course"!

Wescot's 12 days are up this Thursday.

If I hear from them again, there will be a massive counter claim for penalty charges and compound interest going back twenty one years.

In the six months since I sent Debt Managers their CCA request, I have learned enough from this wonderful site not to be scared of these parasites, but to relish the opportunity to do battle with them!

They have no idea how to deal with a determined and informed CAGer.

I believe the whole business is based on debtors fear and ignorance of the system and how it works. Once you know how it works you can use it to your advantage.