Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • best bet is ask him for the error code.   dx
    • As l thought.    Sorry only following as l am trying to help neighbours sons with a first car. So info getting as much as possible. 
    • Hi CAG team,   I have been really messed around with the conservatory company called Frames and Conservatories, based in Bury St. Edmunds.   Back in June a representative came to my home and went through the final designs and confirmed to me that the start date would be middle of September and would take approx 2 weeks to complete.   Few days later I received an email to confirm the design and quotation for works.   I accepted the design and signed the electronic documents by email.    on 20th July, I signed the final electronic documents and on 26th July I received my order number.   On 18th August, Frames Conservatory surveyor performed the survey.   On 25th August, I received an invoice for "professional fees" £700, which I paid the following day.   On 1st September,  I received an email from the installation department stating, “The manufacturers have advised that it is not possible to have the large window as requested due to the side bottom opening windows being oversized. As discussed, there are a couple of alternatives which we could offer you and I have attached a brief drawing to enable you to understand what I was trying to verbally explain to you.”   The same day, I replied by email, accepting what the manufactures advise and went through the options suggested and picked one.  I also expressed my serious concerns about the weather due to the delay of the work process.  I also expressed concern regarding the appropriate insulation of our property during rain.  I said I am worried about potential damp issues.  I asked them to take my concerns seriously before works start as to avoid potential future disappointments.  On 4th September, I received updated drawings with the new window design and new electronic documents to sign.  I signed the documents the same day.   Since signing the documents no one from the company has contacted me.  I called and left several messages requesting that someone please call me back.   They never gave an guaranteed start date in September,  but the middle of September came and went and my efforts to get in touch were ignored.   On 14 October I managed to speak to the manager to complain about the delays and I was promised that the builders will come on (today) 18/10/21 at 08:00.   I took a few days of annual leave so that I am present for the 18th and the next few days to assist the builders but no one showed.   When I called the company office, they did not know why the builders had not arrived.  The manager said he would investigate and call me back.  I told the manager that I was not happy with the service I am receiving and that I no longer wish to proceed and that I want my money back.  The manager promised that someone will call me shortly.   After another conversation with the installation manager, I was promised that the builders will come on 20 October (Wednesday) Builder will finish in a week time and that the company will start the windows and the frames on Monday 01/11/2021. Estimated finish time 15/11/2021 (the earliest) or 26/11/2021 (the latest).    I also asked about the protection of the wooden floor. He told me that they are planning to cover that with plastic membrane and not a roof (I have to pay extra).  Of course he cannot guarantee for wall and floor humidity or further damage due to wet weather and the rain.    I don't want them to start on Wednesday - I have asked to cancel the contract but they are not listening.  They are just not listening to me at all. What else can I say to them?   As always, thanks so much for your help!                      
    • Hi Swales and welcome to CAG   Bannatynes tell users they require 3 months notice to leave but we always tell folk to challenge/ignore this.   I doubt you're bound to Bannatynes by vitue of the Virgin agreement.   Do as DX says - printed letter addressed to the Gym Manager :-   Dear sir or madam,   This is 30 days notice that I am cancelling my gym membership.   I will allow 1 final payment to be taken by DD, after which I will tell the bank to cancel the DD mandate.   Yours faithfully,   If they say you have to give 3 months notice, don't even bother arguing with gym staff.   Let us know if you get any demands from the gym or maybe ARC (their admin company).
    • Okay well I'm still not really following it.....as long as the second claim has a different claim number.   So first claim, number xxxxxxxxx was issued 08/03/2017  and the defence you are submitting now is claim number xxxxxxx issued on 09/11/20 ?
  • Our picks

sinequanon v RBS


zootscoot
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...