OFFER MADE - but already sent LBA.. argh..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first post and shame on me for taking so long to do so...

I've been in touch with BOS re my statements (which i thought had all been included and sent..) and i got my letter sent off detailing all my charges and dates etc for both accounts with them

I got a reply re the charges, but also another few pages of statements I never had before. Can I re submit my letter asking for my now updated charges from the new statements??

The letter i received re my first letter asking for charges back seems like a standard response....

We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges debited to your bank account. Please note that the complaint handling rules set by our regulator, the FSA, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints...

blah blah.. if we are unable to respond fully to your concerns we will write within the next 4 weeks to update you...

more blah blah.. please find enclosed a copy of our leaflet which tells you how we will handle your complaint...

Yours Mathew Baxendale (Customer Relations Officer - Dunfermiline)

Is this them stalling for time? If I do respond with a new letter detailing my charges with all the new ones (including interest this time i think), will i just receive the same letter? And do I have to wait out the 8 weeks, or can i got right in with an LBA? One other thing.. Should i always be using the Customer Relations Dept in Dunfermline??

Thanks in advance...

Hiya Brian,

Welcome to cag. :)

First of all, yes those letters were just standard, just ignore them.

Dont include the interest on your spread sheet just yet, that can only be added at the court stage.

You can keep on adding any more charges you recieve until you file at court.

The address to use is...

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

If you any worries just shout, there are plenty of people around who can help.

If i have been any help, please click on my scales...........:D ........Thanx

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hey folks,

Cheers for the reply, and reassuring me that i can amend and update my list of charges due to new statements being issued. New list and letter have been done. Just to send.

One thing i would like to clear up though... I sent my previous letters to the B.O.S Customer Relations place in Dunfermline. Will it be ok if i now change to sending them to the Halifax address you mention?? Does it matter that I stay in Glasgow? I;m thinking that i'd have to deal with an address north of the border... :confused:.

Cheers again for the help.

Brian

I;ve just noticed that at the end of the letter I spoke about above...

Below the guys title Mathew Baxendale, Customer Relations Officer... Its got

Enc. Personal Customer Complaints - Here's what we'll do

What the hell does that mean.. It's in black and white.. should i go round there all guns blazing (metaphorically - in case the police are reading..) I'd love to know what it is they intend to do...

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Well thanks to all the advice and info on this site I'm as far as being made an offer of £680 (made up ofcharges from two accounts).

I sent an LBA the day before receiving this letter, as it had taken them so long to get back to me re my initial claim for refund of charges.

In the letter Christina Hart (no relation to Jennifer and Johnathon Hart for those of you who may remember that...) states that the money will be debited to my account in 14 days if i don't get in touch to say otherwise. Suggesting i call her on the number provided ( on this.. why is it a Dunfermline Address to reply to but a west yorkshire phone number).

Just need clarification on what to os appropriate to do know.. Do i call this number and talk to her, where I can get twisted round to the 'Corporate' way the bank want me to think and get me embroiled in a conversation I don't want to have, or do i just write? Or do i call and write..

Will my LBA still stand and will they ignor the offer made prior or do i still have to clarify that i don't wish to accept the £680??

Anyway.. Here's hoping I get my 1400 quid ond not the offer made of 680 and i hope that the bank person employed to log onto this site to snoop about (if there is such a person - call me cynical..) sees this and nidges them in my favour..

Cheers & Thanks.

Johnathon Tarquin Hart (no relation to.. oh you get the idea..lol)..

I would just send the rejection letter. See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html and modify as appropriate saying the LBA has already been sent to them, maybe even enclosing a copy and saying when the 14 days is up.

Good Luck

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

Hi Brian.

I advise you to stick to letters, keeping copies of all letters sent and received. Then if there is any dispute, you have it in black and white.

Send a letter of refusal........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Just select the letter option that best matches your situation.

Don't worry about your LBA......an unsatisfactory response is NO response.

Stick to your own timetable, don't let them intimidate you into following theirs.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Jeez.. you guys are good... a reply in the time it took me to make a cup of coffee..

I'll send rejection letter in mentioning LBA and let you know how i get on.

Cheers again. Help very appreciated.

:D

Also respond to the offer as late as possible, when your time limit in your LBA is up

If they pay it into your account that is not an acceptance. Make sure when rejecting their offer you ask them to remove the paymenf unless they are prepared to consider it as part payment

Do send the rejection letter but also call them. Halifax policy is to settle before it goes to court so they will negotiate.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.