Hi, a little help please!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wondering if anyone can offer me some advice?

I've sent of my 'data request' letter and it has been 43 days and no sign of statements, I've looked for a template letter to send, saying only got 7 days before I proceed further, but can't seem to find one?

Can anyone help please

I'm going after Barclays by the way

Cheers guys

J

Hi Prophet.

Click on the following link......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Also....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

While you are waiting for your account info, spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Also start your own battle-thread in the Barclays Forum and post any questions there. Also use it to post progress reports on your claim.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

Just thought I would ask -

Did you send the £10 with the written request?

Under the data protection act, they have 40 days to comply from the date that they can identify you as the data subject.

The act therefor when it says 40 days, in actual fact does give a few days grace.

To view the act click on the link.

Data Protection Act 1998

I would give it till the 47th day and then send off the non compliance letter. This is only my advise personally as at this stage, however the choice is yours.

Hope this helps.

As Rooster says - it is worth spending the next few days reading up on the process and what next steps there are. My favourite link that is worth saving as a favourite is here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Good luck with your claim! Any help i can give drop into chat to find me.

HI

I sent the £10 off and they have cashed it!!

I am sending my 'demanding' letter first thing tomorrow as I have given them 7 days extra grace

Also another question, I have also sent off data request letter for Barclaycard, and they have sent me half the staements but say the other half is held manually and they take longer to gather up? Has this happened to anyone else and can they do this?

Cheers guys