consent to lease

Hell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have let out my flat and the Halifax have increased my rate but also want to charge me £500. I challenged this because what administration could possibly be involved in filling out one form and entering it onto the computer, particularly when they have upped the rate. They say that this £500 fee is part of the increased charge. Does anyone know if they can do this?

Also, does anyone know a better place to move my mortgage to because I think their service stinks anyway!

If I move they are goingt o charge me a big fat fee aren't they?!

There is a guy that comes into the chatroom some weekdays that is a mortgage advisor.. I've had a chat with him on the phone and he's given me some really good advice, I won't give his details out on the forum, but come into the chat room and if I'm in there I'll point you in his direction. If I see him before you do, I'll give him your details if thats ok with you?

Matt

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton.

Advice offered by MattyH is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt. Please research any information I have offered, as I will not be held liable for any incorrect advice i've given you.

<--------- If my advice has helped, please tip my scales. 8)

For Further advice come into the Chat Room: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

FAQ's : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step By Step Instructions ; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Thanks!

I want to be able to just move it without having to waste my time meeting advisors and such like which they all insist on! Why can't they just give me a quote and tell me if they will pay any charge that Halifax will probably charge me for moving!!

Thanks!

It's a repayment - I owe

Paying 7%. They are offerring (which was meant to be taken out before 31st Narch 2007 but I've been stalling them (or rather their service has been so poor its been easy not to sign anything!) 5.79% on 0-75% (whatever Max LTV is which of course they don't explain) or 5.99% which 75%+ Max ltv. or fixed 5.69% 0 -75% Max LTV or 5.99 75%+ max ltv.

No idea what all that means or even if the offer still stands. I object to the £500 arrangement fee and the early repayment fees for both types.

I'm paying £309.72 a month (so they put the interest rate up anway even though they are saying that the arrangement fee is part of the rate.

As at 28/02/07 I owed £28,493.38, 11 years remaining.

I don't like Halifax and I would like to move my mortgage anywhere that's cheaper. Also I'm likley to pay off a lump sum before the end so don't want that fee either!!

Many thanks!

H