CCJ's not marked as satisfied

KittyB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Newbie here, have spent hours over the weekend reading up on this site, I'm in awe of the fantastic advice and support that seems available here.

I joined up with credit expert to get a copy of my report as I wanted to start proceedings with recovering some of my bank charges.

I was mortified to see that a CCJ was not marked as satisfied, despite having paid it over 2 years ago.

I've dug out my paperwork from my local court dated 27th Jan 2004 to say that the amount was paid in full.

Is there a template for contacting the court about these matters?

Also, should I contact my local court about this, or the original Court that issued it? (Northampton)

Many thanks :)

Kitty

Wondered if I should write something to the following effect?

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref: Case Number XXXXXXXX (XXXXXXX County Court) Student Loans Company v's KittyB

I have recently accessed my credit report and note that this judgement is showing as not satisfied on my report.

I believe this to be inaccurate and wonder if you could assist with the amendment to my credit file?

I enclose the copies of the original attachment of earnings order along with the confirmation of payment in full and notice that the attachment was discharged.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Kind regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I had a leter from the court telling me that the attachment of earnings was discharged as the full amount had been settled.

I've photocopied it and sent it with a copy of the letter today recorded delivery.

Will wait for a reply and if they need anything else, I guess that will be the next port of call.

Thanks again

Kitty