Woolwich debt -advice needed

horw

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from the Woolwich advising they could no longer accept my monthly payments, I have not missed a single one in the last 3 years? The gentleman I spoke to advised that unless I was able to pay the full outstanding amount they would send the debt to a debt agency, I explained I couldnt afford the amount specified so he let me know that they would send me a letter stating I was in breach of my terms and the debt was being moved to another company.

Is this legal?

Do I have any options?

I can offer to up my payment by £10 but they werent interested.

Any advice would hbe welcomed.

I am not an expert on this but I am presuming that Woolwich is the original creditor.

It sounds as though they are trying it on. I would suspect that the correct action would be for you to send an SAR to Woolwich, this should at least give you a copy of the agreement and you will find out if there have been any charges on your account which you could claim back to reduce the total owing.

Sending an SAR would cost £10.00. I should think there is a template letter on here to do this.

If I find it I will put the link on here. In the meantime perhaps someone with experience of a similar situation would like to comment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html