poshpaws vs abbey

poshpaws1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

taking first steps today and scared stiff already!

The money expert advice web recommends that you open a parachute account first, in case abbey close my account. is this right? i am going today to open or try, taking my credit score into account, what do i tell them why i want to open a new account?

thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

thanks for that! was going to go to hsbc, when i went in yesterday they were on about transferring my account straight away, obviously don't want that yet. i presume it is better to keep running abbey account normal while the claim is going on? what do you think?

thanks for your help

Hi

thanks. looks like im going to probs getting an account, nationwide refused me online, guess due to credit scoring. really scared abbey will close account.

dont know if to carry on.

Hi Poshpaws.

dont know if to carry on.
Don't you dare give in! You haven't even started yet.

Click on the following link for info on parachute accounts.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

At every turn, the banks will try to intimidate you into giving up or delay your claim. Just remember, that you have got 123,000 other users on this site that are on your side.

If you follow, faithfully, the well-tried and tested route that we suggest, then you WILL get your unlawful penalty charges back.

While you are waiting for your account details, spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions. This is a self-help forum and it is important that you do your own homework.

Make this your own "battle-thread" in the Abbey Forum and post any questions and progress reports here. If you keep the thread up to date, we will know what stage you're at and will be better able to offer any advice you may need.

At all stages of your claim, stick to your own timetable. Don't let the bank impose its own on you. You're driving this bus.... you decide where and when it stops.

DON'T give up. Remember that help and advice is only a post away.

Good luck (You won't really need luck).

Regards, Rooster.:)

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest ian cognito

Poshpaws

Everything rooster says is absolutely right, they try anything to frighten you off, remember its your money you will get it back and all the help and support you need along the way too.

You may have to open a basic account for now but most banks are willing to upgrade them after 6 months if your account is run ok.

Try the co-op or natwest, both do basic accounts.

Good luck!!

thanks for that!

just had a look at the letter template, do i copy all of the letter including the bit in big writing "data protection act etc" and the bit at the bottom that says "reclaim your right"

sorry if i sound thick but dont want to mess this up! and i read the faqs underneath that if not worded correctly the bank can refuse to send the information requested.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

not been on for a while, have been waiting fo bank statements of abbey, have had some of them through just waiting for the rest, but thought i might make a start on the next step while waiting for the rest of statements to come. Am i correct in thinking the next step is filling in my spreadsheet for charges? if this is correct is the template for the spreadsheet in the library and is there a coveribg letter i need to send with the spreadsheet

Thanks Poshpaws1

hi poshpaws, you should find all the information you need here just click on the link best of luck x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Poshpaws!

The link might be down at the moment so thought I would give you another link to spreadsheets.

Here

Have also added a link below for what the steps and stages are so you don't get lost and can read the process and be sure for every step of the way!

If you need any help, the chat room is often a great place for information!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Have you started your own thread so lots of people can help you???

Really is worth doing and its simple, then you can ask questions and get everybodies feedback and help and means you dont have to repeat things!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=84

Good luck with your claim!

hi there

have received the second lot of statements today but as happened to some one else have received spreadsheets instead of copies of actual statements. what should i do accept these spreadsheets or ask for actual copies of statements.

posh

This is standard, abbey will just provide lists of transactions for anything over 14 months ago. You will have to go through each one to see where the charges are. Normally the charges are taken on the same day each month so you should see a pattern.

They don't make it easy!

hi there

abbey have sent me two lots of statements, the last 14 months which are copies of statements and then a spreadsheet which takes me upto jan 2004.

they still owe me from 2004 to 2000.

their 40days ran out on 27th April, got home from work to day still no rest of statements.

Please could you tell me what i should do now

thanks posh