CCA's and Dave against the world !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys....

Just been rereading this thread from the very start.........zzzzzzzz

and I am amazed how much we have all learned from each other, and how far each of us has got on our journey to debt freedom.

some have posted a few times and seem to have fallen by the wayside, but the vast majority are still here continuing there own battles and more importantly helping each other.

I can remember paul...pt2537 when he first started here with his claim against littlewoods....look at him now, the guy is an absolute star, and deserves his place next to whatever god he believes in. RESPECT !!

Anyway I think the Merlot is now getting the better of me, so Ill shut up

rgds to all

pt2537

shane5408

ncf

odc

hellhasnofury

maybeline

tomterm8

car2403

Alphageek

most of you have been along for the ride from near the begining....

jeez theres just too many of you guys to mention

dont be upset if i havent mentioned you......just a thank you to a LOAD of people on here and the rest of CAG all doing good work

rgds

Dave

You old romantic, you!

;):p:)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys....

Just been rereading this thread from the very start.........zzzzzzzz

and I am amazed how much we have all learned from each other, and how far each of us has got on our journey to debt freedom.

some have posted a few times and seem to have fallen by the wayside, but the vast majority are still here continuing there own battles and more importantly helping each other.

I can remember paul...pt2537 when he first started here with his claim against littlewoods....look at him now, the guy is an absolute star, and deserves his place next to whatever god he believes in. RESPECT !!

Anyway I think the Merlot is now getting the better of me, so Ill shut up

rgds to all

pt2537

shane5408

ncf

odc

hellhasnofury

maybeline

tomterm8

car2403

Alphageek

most of you have been along for the ride from near the begining....

jeez theres just too many of you guys to mention

dont be upset if i havent mentioned you......just a thank you to a LOAD of people on here and the rest of CAG all doing good work

rgds

Dave

Hello Dave,

I must thank you for mentioning my name amongst these very highly respected and knowledgeable names, I am blushing now,:oops:

Never forget that you are the inspiration, that gets us all going:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Did you gain anything from the emails I sent you? I tried to Skype and PM you, but did not get a reply?

Penfold

Hi Penfold...

yes I got the emails, thank you

They are proving usefull, and I am "disecting" them to see see If I can use bits

I quite often turn skype off....it takes an age to load, and slows my 'puter down to a crawl at times :(

I had pm'd you a few times but didnt realise you were waiting on one ?

Sorry...and thank you

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

hi DFW - I've been following your really interesting thread from afar. Been sidetracked lately by my new baby daughter who was born in Nov so am trying to get back up to speed with my case against MBNA.

Good luck to you mate and best wishes

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

hi DFW - I've been following your really interesting thread from afar. Been sidetracked lately by my new baby daughter who was born in Nov so am trying to get back up to speed with my case against MBNA.

Good luck to you mate and best wishes

thanks for the good wishes.........yes kids DO have a habbit of sidetracking you :)

I also have a beef with MBNA...but thats a different case....and they have been suspiciously quiet...hmmmmm

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Cheers Dave!

Its been a real buzz so far, long may it continue

Reeeeeeeeeeespec' to all

:D

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Dave, no issues I hope they prove as useful to you as they did me...;)

I have new POC's for Nasty West if you want those too...

Penfold

Hi penfold......

you have my addy...anything you may think is usefull.......it seems I may be going after snatchwest myself shortly...:)

rgds

Dave

Dave, no issues I hope they prove as useful to you as they did me...;)

I have new POC's for Nasty West if you want those too...

Penfold

Sorry to but in guys, but the poc for the nasty west, what is it for?????? I am after the nasty west big style. and I need all the help I can get:rolleyes: :D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

hey Dave, its been a bumpy journey, not sure I helped anyone but so many have helped me and you mate, thanks:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Sorry butting in again. I have asked this question in the DPA forum, but not had an anwer.

Need some advise please,

Have an ongoing dispute with a company (about ten months).

They have sent me a template default notice (to show me what it would have looked like) stating they have no legal obligation to retain the original. Just marked the account with the date. I just need to know how to respond to this.

It is a little irrelevant as well, as the main issue is that they are trying to hold me to a pre-contractual application form, with some of the prescribed terms missing;) and therefore unenforcable

Any thoughts:-?

Sorry butting in again. I have asked this question in the Data Protection Act forum, but not had an anwer.

Need some advise please,

They have sent me a template default notice (to show me what it would have looked like) stating they have no legal obligation to retain the original. Just marked the account with the date. I just need to know how to respond to this.

It is a little irrelevant as well, as the main issue is that they are trying to hold me to a pre-contractual application form, with some of the prescribed terms missing;) and therefore unenforcable

Having exactly the same issue with HFC, HHNF, except they are relying on a "true copy" (which is made up from the account) with LOTS of mistakes on it, (still relying on it, though!) and a copy of a template NOD that is used to create them;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/110146-car2403-hfc-bank-default.html

Sorry butting in again. I have asked this question in the Data Protection Act forum, but not had an anwer.

Need some advise please,

I dont know the answer to that one.........but it seems like the main issue IS the AGREEMENT.

get that sorted and any defaults issued will not apply anyway......:)

unenforceable agreement =

walk away,

no interest should be charged,

interest paid can be recouped (still testing)

any defaults issued will be wrong,

any default that terminates the agreement is unlawfull

unlawful account termination = walk away

I wouldnt worry too much about the default notice, unless there is a major reason to (not read your thread yet). I would concentrate on getting them to take you to court....(its cheaper) or Bite the bullet and have a go at them.

rgds

Dave

I dont know the answer to that one.........but it seems like the main issue IS the AGREEMENT.

get that sorted and any defaults issued will not apply anyway......:)

unenforceable agreement =

walk away,

no interest should be charged,

interest paid can be recouped (still testing)

any defaults issued will be wrong,

any default that terminates the agreement is unlawfull

unlawful account termination = walk away

I wouldnt worry too much about the default notice, unless there is a major reason to (not read your thread yet). I would concentrate on getting them to take you to court....(its cheaper) or Bite the bullet and have a go at them.

rgds

Dave

Thanks Dave,

The agreement is unenforcable, I have actually invited them to take me to court, but they have not:p

So the letters go back and forth and round and round we go.

To be honest I do like argueing for arguements sake sometimes and when they say they have no legal obligations, I need to find out the legalities and throw it straight back at them:D

Thanks as well Car:D

Ok guys......

got a sort of good news / bad news thing going on here.....

just got a reply from goldfish, wanting to come to an arangement over the charges they owe me......this is sort of good news as it implies that they have taken the debt back from HFO :)

the bad news is that the bunch of muppets are only offering me £185

WE ARE GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES........

they had previously agreed to £750 and the default removal......I despair sometimes.

I am trying to save up to take these cowboys to court for the "big one", and besides the £750 was already budgeted for (case of counting chickens i think)

I have decided to offer them one last chance then I WILL dig into my fighting / food / diesel / other payments fund and somehow get the money together to pay for the case.

I sent them this..........

We appear to be going around in circles, Let me explain...... Morgan Stanley had already agreed to a refund of £750 in charges and interest. I accepted this offer 6 months ago, but no payment was ever made. Please see enclosed copy.

Why should I now accept £185..........??? The answer is a firm NO

I will however accept £800, being the amount offered and a little bit more for added interest and inconvenience. Further the removal of the default notice was also a condition. I don’t know if you have kept to this particular condition as promised, as I haven’t yet checked with the cra’s

Should you not accept this then I will see you in court, where I shall ask for the full amount of my last letter along with interest compounded at your normal rate of 1,57% / month. I will also ask for full disclosure of how your “charges” are made up, and why your charges along with all the other credit card providers seem to come out at exactly £12.......and not £11.59 or £12.27

The £12 that came about because of the OFT ruling, was a recommendation as a point they would not investigate below........NOT that the £12 was a legal and fair charge. For a charge not to be a penalty, it should reflect the true cost of administering the default and not have any profit involved. I should like to see proof of this.

I hope to hear from you in the affirmative in the near future along with a cheque to the value of £800, and we will call this particular episode settled.

Yours sincerely

I'm starting to feel a little battle worn and jaded at the moment....and I know this is how they play the game.

they try to wear you down .........Its not quite working as I know what to expect...but I still feel tired and fed up.

BUT I WONT GIVE IN :D

rgds

Dave

Hello Dave,

Please don't feel fed up and defeated, what can they do. You know you are right and we are all behind you.

My motto is

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER, I HAS HELD ME IN GOOD STEAD. BECAUSE I KNOW I AM RIGHT AND THEY ARE SO VERY WRONG.

KEEP THE FIGHT GOING:D

Come on, take some time out, and send them one of your special letters, I love them:D

Hell

that is so good they are never rite

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

keep fightin dave dont accept anything ,why save them money you want compensation for the greif 885 plus 8% per month lol that ll teach them and dont forget they are more than likely under investigation for using HFO since my complaint is going full steam ahead by the OFT and also which magazine are now investigating them as well as the FOS i now have to send my final letter to the LAW SOCIETY since their is bad practices going on with regards to them sharing the workload with the ultimate owners of hfo and that being turnbulls ,i aint ever going to give up it seems they have now started a new company (forgotten the name)they are the debt collectors who are out in the feild knocking on doors i have reported this to the FOS AND THE OFT yesterday...seems HFO are digging a big hole as well as having the phone lines connected to india i think they got too clever but as you know dave we is more clever lol

patrickq1

thanks for the kind words of support

I am not going to give in....if anything i'm as stuborn as a mule :)

I'm just feeling a little bit down and a bit tired.....it happens with me from time to time....I think I have a some sort of manic depresive thing going on ....:)

I would be a trickcyclists dream patient

But getting back to more serious things they will be sorry that they ever upset me when Ive finished with them. just need to get my act together as Ive given them FAR too much time.......(my fault really) that and no spare cash :(

anyway I'm well into a bottle of Merlot, nearly finished ....:) and theres a bottle of brandy shouting my name......hey ho i might just give in to it.

Ive just come to the conclusion that i drink far too much :)

but as John Lennon said "its whatever gets you thru the night" eh!....

best rgds

to all

Dave

The problem being that taking on the world, (as the title of the thread suggests) means that it sometimes feels that way and you're all alone! (I should know, call me "Mr Litigation" at the mo! I was thinking of applying for a parking space near my local Court - it would be blooming cheaper!)

Dave, if I could pay your Court fees, I'd happily do it! (In fact, I have a dodgy credit card with nothing on it - and no CCA to boot - if you fancy issuing through MCOL! :p ) (NOTE: I was going to suggest a small donation from everyone subscribed to your thread, but CAG Admin don't like that sort of thing, so I didn't bother)

Short of that, we're all here behind you, should you need us. It's not just "fee-free" legal advice, you know - we're the CAB/Legal Aid/The Samaritans... all rolled in to one!

So, chin up mate - get that down drink you (yes, that is a test to see if you are sober!) and get solidering on!

Even Dave can have a day off - just make sure it's not a Court hearing day! ;)

Everyone else: "Where is the love for Dave?"

cheers car.....

I'll get through it.......the thing is I know what I'm like and I know this is a passing phase, as I said I seem to totter between being fully in control and being a bit (or a lot) down... well when you are down the only way is up :)

a few days and a bit of r&r will see me back at them

That said Just had the bailiffs for the council tax...:)

They're in hand...at the mo! it doesnt rain, but it pours

I do like this game though....Its better than paying them

rgds

Dave

dont give up dave, it does wear you down, can you spare some time away from it, trust you have support here:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

thanks for the kind words of support

I am not going to give in....if anything i'm as stuborn as a mule :)

What you stubborn. More like educated.

I'm just feeling a little bit down and a bit tired.....it happens with me from time to time....I think I have a some sort of manic depresive thing going on ....:)

We all get down and tired..I am 21 weeks pregnant with a overactive 4 year old so l no what tired is.

I would be a trickcyclists dream patient So would a few ppl l know but they do have a tendancy of working out you know to much

But getting back to more serious things they will be sorry that they ever upset me when Ive finished with them. just need to get my act together as Ive given them FAR too much time.......(my fault really) that and no spare cash :( You have had other things to do. It was christmas a few weeks ago and we all got a bit to busy with other things.

anyway I'm well into a bottle of Merlot, nearly finished ....:) and theres a bottle of brandy shouting my name......hey ho i might just give in to it.

Share some with me i love red wine and brandy..........sometimes in the same glass if l cant be bothered to get a clean one.

Ive just come to the conclusion that i drink far too much :)

Erm on what expert advise did you base that opinion?

but as John Lennon said "its whatever gets you thru the night" eh!....

Yep whatever. Did you pour me that drink?

best rgds

to all

Dave

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.