• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof? 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No    Have you had a response?  n/a 7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice'  
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
    • Evening all,   So today, I was sent an updated offer that includes the £12.60 I spent on letters, but they have declined to add the interest at £7.40. They have stating 'We acknowledge your request to claim interest to date, however, this would be at the discretion of a trial judge if the claim did proceed to a trial hearing.' I think I am content with this outcome, and pushing this to a trial for a total interest of £15.30 throughout the claim does not make sense to me.   What are people's thoughts? I am sure our courts have better things to concentrate on?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCA's and Dave against the world !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys..

default judgement was on 5th july.......:)

well.........

what SHOULD I do :)

dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys..

default judgement was on 5th july.......:)

well.........

what SHOULD I do :)

dave

5th of July! Ages ago! What do they think they're playing at! I would suggest you send a letter demanding payment via cheque within 7 working days else you will have the court enforce the order and send in bailiffs. For good measure also send them a filled in warrant of execution form, should get their attention i think!

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

5th of July! Ages ago! What do they think they're playing at! I would suggest you send a letter demanding payment via cheque within 7 working days else you will have the court enforce the order and send in bailiffs. For good measure also send them a filled in warrant of execution form, should get their attention i think!
Yes but date the letter 6th July

Already done......still no response, I think a call to the court is now in order...I didnt want to push it too much, just wanted to see if they would forget about it so I could apply for the ccj to stick...:) I believe thay you can't hold aconsumer credit licence if you have a ccj ...:)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I believe thay you can't hold a consumer credit licence if you have a ccj

in theory but you know the regulators aren't bothered - if you go to

RTL Home

for £8 you can get a report on any company/person who has a CCJ - I've ordered one for MBNA but still waiting for it to come through - will post the info when I have it

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

OK...

Further update. Just aske dthe court for a warrant of execution....(NO i'm not going to kill them..though...mmmmmm)

I have to go to court on MON and fill it in....cant get there today :(

then I'll have a look at my options.

heres the lates email I sent

I do not know why you are prevaricating!

You have promised payment and it has not materialised this could be classed as breach of contract.

You have a debt to me, I have your written assurance that I would be paid by nnnnnn

This is in fact a contract. I shall be looking into the legal aspects of this

This seems to be a case of “WONT PAY” as opposed to “cant pay”

If you are having financial difficulties or are not sure what to do,

I suggest that you immediately contact a solicitor, your local trading standards or the Citizens Advice Bureaux

If you don’t pay a county court judgement Will be registered against you, this may make getting credit difficult.

I suppose you would then fail the “fitness” test to hold a consumer credit licence.

I suggest that you read CCA1974 s25 (2)….especially (d)

I shall be applying for the warrant on MONDAY 6 August without fail

ACT NOW!!!

You may fax or email your answer

I mean it wont break the bank (so to speak) its ONLY £200....jeez why cant they just pay!!!

Just got the allocation to the small claims track for my PPI, 26 Sept ah well.........

Cant wait !! will show the court the "agreement" such as it is and ask for a decision on its enforceability as well.

rgds

Dave

• Haha 1

OK...

Further update. Just aske dthe court for a warrant of execution....(NO i'm not going to kill them..though...mmmmmm)

I have to go to court on MON and fill it in....cant get there today :(

then I'll have a look at my options.

heres the lates email I sent

I do not know why you are prevaricating!

You have promised payment and it has not materialised this could be classed as breach of contract.

You have a debt to me, I have your written assurance that I would be paid by nnnnnn

This is in fact a contract. I shall be looking into the legal aspects of this

This seems to be a case of “WONT PAY” as opposed to “cant pay”

If you are having financial difficulties or are not sure what to do,

I suggest that you immediately contact a solicitor, your local trading standards or the Citizens Advice Bureaux

If you don’t pay a county court judgement Will be registered against you, this may make getting credit difficult.

I suppose you would then fail the “fitness” test to hold a consumer credit licence.

I suggest that you read CCA1974 s25 (2)….especially (d)

I shall be applying for the warrant on MONDAY 6 August without fail

ACT NOW!!!

You may fax or email your answer

I mean it wont break the bank (so to speak) its ONLY £200....jeez why cant they just pay!!!

Just got the allocation to the small claims track for my PPI, 26 Sept ah well.........

Cant wait !! will show the court the "agreement" such as it is and ask for a decision on its enforceability as well.

rgds

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm in the same situation, received judgment today against monument but it's dated 20th july! Buggers owe me 1800 quid!

Keep in mind that a warrant of execution will cost you, i think the fee in your case will be 35. as i understand it it could also take 4-5 weeks before the bailiffs even turn up to monuments premises. first they write to them and only if the ignore them for i think 21 days do they then go in person. I'm thinking about using a third party debt collection company, i'm hoping all they need to send their 'bailiffs' is proof of the judgment.

I've also contacted the consumer credit licensing dept of the oft and asked what the implications are for monument should they have a CCJ against them, will post the reply when i receive it

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

good luck with your Warrant of Execution, I had to do one for a bank on penalty charges and they sent the cheque into the court! it was a drag and I ended up writing to them to suggest they send it, it is best to write to a named individual if poss who is aware of the case and gets better results

judgement by default is not the same as them losing in court and gaining a judgement I believe.:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 2 weeks later...

Been very busy with work and some other stuff, so havent posted much recently. Just had to let you guys know though

SUCCESS........Monument PPI

has just conceded, cheque for £1200 arived fri 17th

Cheque now in the bank.....:)

Away for two weeks in greece, sailing......well earned hols and the money will come in very handy :)

back to the battle when I get back

rgds to all

Dave

Hello Dave,

Great to hear you had the lovely cheque before you went on holiday.

Well done:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys back from my hols....:( :(

brrrr its cold here

Anyways came back to a letter from goldfish (morgan stanley) saying that they will wipe the default as agreed and give me a cheque for £750..........if i promise not to bother them again..:) oh and to sign all my rights away....I think not :)

Just going to compose one of my specials for them

let you all know how I get on

ps

anyone who has sent me a pm ...I'll get round to it shortly...bit knackered at the mo!!

rgds

Dave

Oh yes......I knew there was something else

MBNA...they have offered to reduce my debt from £9000+ to £2700......???

WHY

they must be reading my thread here....time to get active with them as well :)

rgds

Dave

way to go:)

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan

Hey Dave great work. Could you give me some feed back of your opinion with my post below as no one has replied and i believe MBNA falls into your demina. I believe T&C are missing and cancelation rights.

I apreciate any input you have and hope you had good holls.

craig.

Could someone give me an opinion on this MBNA agreement if its enforceable.

MikeMBNA1001.jpg

MikeMBNA002.jpg

It refers to terms and conditions outside the agreement in a booklet and also states cancelation rights will be sent in the post which wasnt sent. They also state in their letter "customers are sent a copy of the credit agreement in the form of a credit card mailer to which the credit card is attached. This serves as your copy of the credit agreement for the purpose of the consumer credit act 1974."

regards

craig.

Could someone give some advice on this agreement, Im hoping to send aletter along the lines of I have received a full copy of my agreement as there are no cancelation rights included in your tru copy. Also that I never remenber receiving any cancelation rights and could they prove they sent this.

Any help is appreceiated. Peter I will send you a coy of my letter from Crap 1 providing terms and conditions only.

regards craig.

Hi Craig

were there any T&C attached to this?

on the face of it ALL the main required terms are there...credit limit, rate of interest, repayments. you may have issues with as you say other things....rights and remedies, default charges etc. but these would not make it totally uneforceable, it would require a judge to decide..it could go either way.

rgds

Dave

My MBNA project has taken a new direction.......our letters must have crossed in the post

the one I had sent was......

"I am in receipt of your letter of the 20th August which unfortunately arrived while I was away.

Your offer does sound inviting and very generous, and I can’t see why you would want to write so much off ( note...they offered to write off 65%..). Unfortunately even at that amount I would not be able to pay on the terms you suggest. My financial outlook at the moment is not very promising, hence my falling into arrears.

But that aside after careful studying of the documents supplied under my CCA and Data Protection Act requests; I am of the opinion that the agreement is flawed in a major way and as such is unenforceable anyway. I may even be able to reclaim all the money I have ever given you.

I would like to test this in court, so could you please issue a court summons at your earliest convenience.

Your other options are to do nothing, in which case I may file anyway, or for you to write the whole thing off. If you do write it off you should also remove any adverse credit markers. Failing receiving a summons from you or any other communication, I will consider the matter closed.

I now consider this account to be in official dispute, and until a resolution or determination by a court can be found you should not enforce this debt. This includes passing it on to a third party for collection, adding interest, or processing data which may be inaccurate. The processing of inaccurate data is in contravention of the basic principles of the Data Protection Act 1998, and carries severe penalties.

Yours Sincerely "

their letter was to inform me that they had sold the debt to Equidebt.....hey ho!

I just love this game :)

rgds

Dave

Hi Craig

were there any T&C attached to this?

on the face of it ALL the main required terms are there...credit limit, rate of interest, repayments. you may have issues with as you say other things....rights and remedies, default charges etc. but these would not make it totally uneforceable, it would require a judge to decide..it could go either way.

rgds

Dave

Thanks for your reply.

There was no terms and conditions booklet with it, it was just an application for credit that got posted back to them. Im assuming they need to sign it and give you a copy. I notice they have signed it even though their is no box for their signature.

Ive just sent them this letter:

I am writing regarding your letter dated 28th August 2007. In your letter you state that you have included a copy of the agreement which you believe satisfies my request under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974 and that my obligation to pay remains intact.

Under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974 you must provide me with a true copy of a valid credit agreement which includes all the prescribed terms set out under the act. However so far all I have received is a copy of an application form for credit which is missing the copy of terms and conditions referred to in the application. You have also failed to provide a copy of the cancelation rights which I know I never received in the first place.

As a result my obligation to pay is not intact as you put it and furthermore you are still in default of the consumer credit act 1974 which is a criminal offence. The accounts you have defaulted on are card numbers ################ and ###################. I would also like to remind you the offence is punishable by 3months imprisonment or a fine of £2,500 and that processing any personal detail without a valid agreement or during the default period is a further offence. Due to the implications of this I would like to remind you of my previous request under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing my data.

As you have still not satisfied section 78 of the consumer credit act if I have not received a full true copy of a valid executed agreement with all prescribed terms or a statement that you don’t have one within the next 7 days I will have no alternative but to bring the case before the courts.

Hi Dave

Just to say as a newbee I have just finished reading the whole of this thread. Its been very enlighting and inspiring, I realise what a complete mouse I have been. Aplins solictors have issued a County Court Claim on behalf of Hillesden Securities(MBNA) I originally borrowed on a credit card and stupidly maxed it out in a bid to stop OHs business going down the pan which it did after a while anyway. I have been lurking on theads now for hours over the last few days, I belive I know what to do now and thanks to you and everyone who has posted.

Debtsurvivor and Linz thanks for the comments....take heart, your not alone, the good people on here will do everything they can to help.

Dont give in!

best wishes

Dave

Debtsurvivor and Linz thanks for the comments....take heart, your not alone, the good people on here will do everything they can to help.

Dont give in!

best wishes

Dave

I concur with Dave we will help in any way we can to defeat the parasitic curse of the Greedy DCA ****