CCA's and Dave against the world !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just for you "woefull willies" out there...just started to read the "carey v HSBC" judgment which was touted by the media as the end to claims etc...

this section at paras 15 - 16 struck me......hard

at last another piece for the puzzle, and from a mercantile court... this bears out the Tuckey ruling in wilson v hurstanger

--------------

15.Then, by Regulation 6 and Schedule 6 the following terms had to be contained in a regulated agreement for running account credit if it was not to be an IEA, and were prescribed for the purposes of s61 (1) (a):

"A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit" (paragraph 3 of Schedule 6);

"A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement" (paragraph 4 of Schedule 6);

"A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of

the following:

number of repayments;

amount of repayments;

frequency and timing of repayments;

dates of repayments;

the manner in which any of the above may be determined;

or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable." (paragraph 5 of Schedule 6).

I shall refer to these as "the Prescribed Terms".

16.Accordingly, the document which is signed by the parties (and which forms all or part of the executed agreement) must itself contain the Prescribed Terms and the name and address of the debtor. Other terms may be incorporated by reference but not the Prescribed Terms.

there's bound to be more good news there somewhere

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's bound to be more good news there somewhere

Dave

Not sure if youre in this group already dave but if not join it :-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/240186-dissecting-manchester-test-case.html

At the moment its looking like less of a victory for the banks than they suspect although its up to us to show the DJ's the relevant sections in the ruling which is over technical/long and down right confusing at times :-)

S.

Not sure if youre in this group already dave but if not join it :-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/240186-dissecting-manchester-test-case.html

At the moment its looking like less of a victory for the banks than they suspect although its up to us to show the DJ's the relevant sections in the ruling which is over technical/long and down right confusing at times :-)

S.

Look forward to your comments Dave.

Stripper

• 3 weeks later...

Hi peeps

Just had a letter from Equidebt regarding the loan from MBNA £9k. Just before they sold it they offered me substantial reductions...something like 60% off.....now then Equidebt are doing something similar

They wrote

" We can help you"

we will consider all reasonable offers of repayment

blah blah blah

I would urge you not to ignore this letter, however small the offer may be, Equidebt may be able to assist you

please contact.......etc

yeah thats gonna happen :)...not

I wonder why dont they just say "pay up or else" and then follow that through with a summons??

maybe because the agreement stinks ????

I wish they would then I can get this one out of my hair finally.

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi peeps

Just had a letter from Equidebt regarding the loan from MBNA £9k. Just before they sold it they offered me substantial reductions...something like 60% off.....now then Equidebt are doing something similar

They wrote

" We can help you"

blah blah blah

I would urge you not to ignore this letter, however small the offer may be, Equidebt may be able to assist you

please contact.......etc

I wonder why dont they just say "pay up or else" and then follow that through with a summons??

rgds

Dave

Dave.

"we can help you"......they just don't get it do they.

Regards

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

all debt collectors are same most start off nicey nicey then get nasty or start nasty at start lol :mad:

I certainly wouldnt like their job if faced with contacting me or others however some people do get intimidated and scared and this is where everyone can help giving good advice on here

Regards Gaz

Edited by gaz2954
typing

Hi peeps

They wrote

" We can help you"

blah blah blah

please contact.......etc

rgds

Dave

Hiya Dave,

I had dealings with Equidebt last year took a few letters, but got them out of my hair for once and all, default and everything:D

I can pm you if you want more details;-)

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello All,

Equidebt have just started their silly games with me again .... I waited 7 months for them to send me a response to my CCA request ..... it arrived at Christmas and is totally unreadable ..... mainly due to the fact that they have reduced it in size!!

Anyway in the last week I have received six letters from them .... all different and some claiming I have not paid my agreed monthly payment to them??? I have not agreed anything with them!!

The best letter from them says "We accept your proposals and the first payment is due in this office no later than 13/01/10" Their letter is dated 16/01/10!!!

Incredible.

Onwards and Upwards.

Chalkitup

Hello All,

Equidebt have just started their silly games with me again .... I waited 7 months for them to send me a response to my CCA request ..... it arrived at Christmas and is totally unreadable ..... mainly due to the fact that they have reduced it in size!!

Anyway in the last week I have received six letters from them .... all different and some claiming I have not paid my agreed monthly payment to them??? I have not agreed anything with them!!

The best letter from them says "We accept your proposals and the first payment is due in this office no later than 13/01/10" Their letter is dated 16/01/10!!!

Incredible.

Onwards and Upwards.

Chalkitup

Sounds like they are trying to invent a paper trail..

S.

Hello All,

Incredible.

Onwards and Upwards.

Chalkitup

Oh they must have assumed the letter would go back in time. If not there tellepathetic abilitys would enable them to contact making sureur aware of payment date.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

OMG, intergalactic DCAs :eek:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quick behind the sofa.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hello All,

Incredible.

Onwards and Upwards.

Chalkitup

I can't believe you're being so unreasonable and didn't pay them 3 days before they wrote the letter Chalkitup. Honestly, it wasn't much to ask was it:rolleyes::)

It's similar to a letter I had from Co-op a while ago. I had one letter, then two days later had a letter, dated the same as the first one, which was having a pop at me for not responding to letter one!

Clearly we just don't want to help ourselves:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys....

with regard to the BC Charges and my objection to a portion of the claim being struck out because its over 6 years, the judge has asked for a hearing on 16 March (30 minutes).....Cant wait !!!

Its not for a great deal of money, but its the principle and it will give me some more experience of a courtroom.....(this time as claimant :) )

rgds

Dave

Hi guys.....

Just been getting a LOT of flac from equidebt just recently over an MBNA loan.....the flac doesnt bother me and I can handle it (for the moment)

BUT.... I thought I'll get the agreement out and have another look at it.....

half way through doing that I had my tea and then sort of lost where I was up to (age)............... and then came and had a look on here.

Amongst other things that may be wrong with my agreement it has just struck me that this last agreement paid off the previous one and only about £5k was put into my bank account....(this loan was for about £14k and with ppi etc it was over £19k)

This looks definitely like a multiple agreeement, one part used to pay an existing debt, which they kept (restricted use) and the £5k to me (any use)

So £10k of this was kept from me to pay off the previous loan and no mention of this on the agreement.

I have also just found the bank statement to prove only £5k was given to me!!

agreement here p1....>CCA's and Dave against the world !!! - The Consumer Forums

what do you think ??

Dave

Edited by davefirewalker

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I came across your thread yesterday, I am trying to find anyone who has had any success getting ppi (disguised as 'Payment breakplan') with Monument refunded.

I see at the beginning of this thread that you have had a similar reply card, like a lot of others.

I spent a lot of time reading the thread but haven't established where you are with this one, unless it is the same one that went back to Barclays.

I may have missed it, would you be kind enough to give me an update please?

Hope you don't mind me asking. :)

Hi Dave,

I came across your thread yesterday, I am trying to find anyone who has had any success getting ppi (disguised as 'Payment breakplan') with Monument refunded.

I see at the beginning of this thread that you have had a similar reply card, like a lot of others.

I spent a lot of time reading the thread but haven't established where you are with this one, unless it is the same one that went back to Barclays.

I may have missed it, would you be kind enough to give me an update please?

Hope you don't mind me asking. :)

yes I managed to get it refunded.....there is no tick box for the ppi (payment break plan) and they said I agreed to it on the phone.......they had no recording of the conversation......I didnt expect them to have one either, because i never agreed to it.

was yours originally with Providian?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply, yes it was originally with Providian. I have just posted on my thread with the letter I am planning to send to them. If you have time to look, I would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/239332-monument-cca.html

Thank you. :)

I also had one with Providian that became Monument and then Barclaycard...

It also has PBP on..

Barclaycared must be in for as slamming on the PPI which they fob off as Payment Break Plan..

They cant even provide an agreement for me...

Hope the FSA etc get into this and fine them millions.....:-)

Hi Questioner,

I was pointed to your BC thread when I first started my Monument one, I did read it but hadn't realised it was originally with Monument. (unless I missed it).

I am just hoping for some feedback on the letter I have put on my thread, which I am planning to send.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys....

with regard to the BC Charges and my objection to a portion of the claim being struck out because its over 6 years, the judge has asked for a hearing on 16 March (30 minutes).....Cant wait !!!

Its not for a great deal of money, but its the principle and it will give me some more experience of a courtroom.....(this time as claimant :) )

rgds

Dave

In court tomorrow.........

I'm taking everything......(just in case)....got a feeling the judge might not let it go any further and pass a summary judgment :)....or the solicitor might just call it a day when he/she sees my bundle..........I hope

fingers crossed

Dave