Financial Ombudsman - Advice please

batman1117

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my prelim letter to nationwide with my schedule - no reply after 14 days. I then sent my LBA then supprise, supprise two standard letters that were exacly the same came within 3 days of each other.

The advice I need is that both letters tell me to sod off and refer to the Financial Ombudsman. Should I continue with court action or should I first exhaust the Financial Ombudsman route.

I would go the court route. You gave them the 14 days. Now it is time fdor the court action. I would not give them any more time. Good luck if you need any more info just let me know.

• Haha 1

hi batman, i agree with texel, theses are just standard letters which we have all had, best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Hi Batman,

They're trying to fob you off. You would only go to the ombudsman with a complaint, as your not making a complaint - your asking for your money back - it's off to court we go.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.