JayRW

JayRW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an introduction as I'm a 'newbie'. For about 2 years I had a standard bank account with First Direct (account, cheque book, credit card) but due to husbands serious health problems suddenly setting in, causing him to have to give up work, got into bother financially. Kept getting bounced DDs etc due to excessive charges FD made for these things - it just escalated. Eventually last year First Direct closed my account and are pressing re: repayment of outstanding loan and credit card. If it wasn't for those hefty charges I'd have been able to get things sorted quite quickly and get my account stable again.

The've passed it all to a collection agency who're threatening court. I'm hoping that with some serious research I might be able to counter-claim against them and recoup some, if not all, of what they're going to get from me.

I also prior to DF had an account with Alliance Leicester for a few years; don't owe them anything but I thought I'd have a go at them as well, just on principle!

We now have bank accounts with Halifax, with whom we've had our mortgage for the last 20 years. I'd love to take them on too about charges for mortgage arrears we had for a while when my husbands ill health first hit us; but I worry they'll decide they don't want our custom any more if I do, and we'll need to not only find new bank accounts but a mortgage too! Think we'll let sleeping dogs lie in this case. It's tempting though ....

I'm sure the experiences of others on th CAG site will be really helpful in what lies ahead.

Wish me luck!

:rolleyes:

JayRW

Hi Jay,

GOOD LUCK

Take them on, don't worry about if they want your business or not, If they have taken your money, Reclaim it.

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advide.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.