mykeie vs LLOYDS TSB

mykeie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there been reading what great help and information this site has offered to people. so i am going to attempt to claim my bank charges back from lloyds tsb. hope i can get some help and guidence as i am new to all this.

this is my story so far.

i have the first letter asking for statements so a could calculate my charges over the last 6 years which i had back from lloyds tsb. then i sent a spreed sheet with all the charges and calculated 8% interest and asked for the charges to be returned. £1,538.00 + £435.93 interest.

this is the reply from them:

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your

account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When

customers don't have enough in their accounts to cover a payment, this always

means extra work - and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it's fair to charge for this service.

Of course it's only fair too, that we're completely open about any charged-for

services before you might need them. That's why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges. You can also get up-to-date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, through our helpline and on our website. Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers avoid these charges. You can get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, on line and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over your agreed limit, you're welcome to see if there's anything we can do.

The Office of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card default

charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an

agreement with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing

with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit. They are not default

charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations.

I understand that you may also have some concerns about us sharing information about your relationship with us with the credit reference agencies we use. I'd like to reassure you that this does not apply to bank charges; we only share what is known as white data, which is information about payments to your credit card, loan or mortgage accounts.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible – and why I can't agree to cancel your charges.

I hope this fully answers the points you raised with us. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. If we cannot come to an agreement, I will provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can consider your complaint independently.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need for you to reply to my letter. If I have not heard from you by the 13 Jun 2007 I will close my file, though of course I will re-open it should you come back at any point afterwards.

Yours sincerely,

Debbie Gilbert

Team ManagerCustomer Service Recovery Centre Andover

please can you help me to proceed with this claim as i am at a point where i dont know what to do or send next ?

many thanks

mykeie

Hi Mykeie - this is a 'bog-standard' reply from Lloyds, and as such is pretty well meaningless - its just designed to put you off.

I suggest you have a real good read through the FAQ's, library sections, and as many Lloyds threads as you can. That way you'll get a real good idea of what its all about. You really do need to understand what you're about to do before you actually do it! It may sound daunting, but if you read enough it WILL become ever clearer - thats exactly what I did, and believe me, it works! Spur yourself on with the thought that in the end you WILL win if you get it right - there's plenty of help available here, and I've not heard yet of anyone who's failed!!!!!!!

Best of luck - I'll keep an eye on your thread - I'm at the 'LBA' stage with a claim against Lloyds on behalf of a friend. Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

• 4 weeks later...

hi there posted LBA on the 1/05/07 not had any reply from lloyds? i have read through some of the posts related to lloyds and quite confident i can go on with the claim but i feel i need guidence from anyone who can tell me the next step to take on getting my charges back from lloys.

the 14 days are up now for the LBA but i need help with what to do next in my quest.

many thanks mykeie