DPSAR failur to comply - damages?

law student

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In January this year I sent an access request to Halifax, requesting the usual full disclosure on two current accounts and one credit card account. I have received and processed the two bank accounts, but have still yet to receive the credit card information. During a telephone call to confirm that I was happy to pay the money for the information I confirmed with the individual that it was for all three accounts.

As I recently had cause to phone the Halifax to ask them for a return of some £86 of charges for going into the red by £6 on a debit card payment and their subsequent attitude I feel it is time to start making the Halifax feel my displeasure. I asked them on the phone regarding this failure to supply the information, at which point they said they were sorry but stated that they would be unwilling to send the data unless I sent them a new letter.

Whilst I would normally be willing to do this, given their change in attitude on finding out that I have already claimed charges back once (they appeared they were going to refund immediately but then said that I would have to wait for their 'customer care' team to ring me first - still waiting for it to happen).

Anyway, given all this I am now in the mood to go hunting the bank for failure to supply the information. If anyone knows of a thread or has experienced this themselves I would dearly like to hear from you.

Kind Regards

Nearly finished with this law degree business student

LBA Issued against Halifax (2 accounts) 02/02/07

Still waiting for info on Halifax CC (due 16/02/07)

Contemplating action against NatWest (more than 6 years)

Contemplating action against Direct Auto Finance (PPI mis-sold)

Partner

Rec'd info (incomplete) from Halifax 02/02/07

Any opinions or arguments I state are purely my own personal opinions and are given purely in the spirit of debate, argument and personal information. If you are in any doubt as to your legal position you should always seek professional advice. Of course, always look for free professional advice from appropriate organisations:).

If you are in Kent, check out the law clinic run by the University of Kent at Canterbury and also at Medway.