just recieved my statements............

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have just recieved my statements after a long battle of 47 days and a threat of the information commissioner.

Even though I have 5 months missing (hoping they come in mondays post)

the amount comes to £1473.00 with out interest.

On the letter asking for the money back do I delete the part what say's

"I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

Because I haven't got any charges what relate to this "overdraft interest"

What is it?

Sorry about this silly question but I keep reading through the step by step guides and the information pages and I am puzzled:???:

The only charges I have ever got are for unpayed direct debits.

Can anyone help me out here?

I have looked on the MSE and their letter asking for the money back is different to yours and it also has a letter to claim back the 8% interest

on the first letter????

But you say we don't claim for that on the first letter???:|

have a read of the step by step instructions & the FAQ's

a portion of your overdraft interest, if you have been charged that, which is made up solely of charges can be reclaimed, but it is a pain to work out.

you can only claim the 8% once you enter the MCOL [court] stage

dx100uk:)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep agree

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you claiming the 8% statutory interest when you get to court? This is what I did (successfully) and if you look on your statements it says at the end of the month ' debit interest - as notified last month'. This is the interest you add on to your claim/letter. Just show it seperately on your spreadsheet. This way there is no need to work out how much is overdraft interest because I took the view that it had been worked out for me by Halifax. Other people have also done the same successfully.

If you are going for contractual, IMHO, leave the debit interest off because I consider it would be difficult to justify charging interest on interest. All the best, Sally

Thankyou Sally,

I have got "Interest Debited-notified last month"

On my statements but is only a matter of pence rather than pounds.

23p is the largest amount that I have got, plus I haven't got charged

every month for it.

I will be claiming 8% interest when the claim goes to court,so I do feel

that I will be gaining the interest debit plus more.

Plus it is getting more confusing for me the more I look into it, but I was up late last night going through all the FAQ's plus the step by step guide.

I think the problem with me is I had been looking on MSE and here so it has confused me but I seem to be a little more knowledge now.

Thanks Wendy:oops:

You are best keeping to the 1 site as it does get very confussing.

This site is well known now for all the support you recieve. So as you go along, if you need any, just shout. As you have seen there are always plenty of people to help you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

bobbycat

The interest debited will probably include interest on the overdraft amount as well as the charges. The calculation of how much is charged on the interest is quite complex as you need to determine what the balance of the account would have been without the charges and therefore how much interest would have been due on that and then the difference is what you could claim and if it gets a long way down the line you then may need to explain in detail how you arrived at your figures. I have done it with FD for about £30 and wish I hadn't as it for this amount it isn't worth the pain and introduced an element that they can argue with.

It looks like your total debit interest doesn't amount to very much so if I was you I would ignore it and just go for the charges.

Good Luck

S

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

Half ax I,

Thanks for your reply, thats what I thought, just forget about the debit interest. It would not be much at all.

To be honest just getting what they took off me in charges would be a massive help to us and to think I took on the big men and won would be something else.

I have totaled the amount of charges up and it comes to £1473.00, over the past 6 years. The debit interest might come up to about £4.00.

I have just got to wait for the 5 months which are missing from Nov 02 -

March 03 and I know charges will be on them because we where struggling at the time.

I am hoping they will be in the post tomorrow , if not I will be on the phone tomorrow afternoon to the bank.

If you're worried about it £4 is not much to not claim. In my case it added £40 so I added it on. Halifax will try and pay as little as possible. Don't be bullied by them either by letter or the 'phone. Stick to the guidelines and you will also be successful.