• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Aaland vs BT Directories

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

Not sure if this is the right place for this so I'll ask the question before launching into a detailed account.

Aaland is a small family business disputing a debt with BT Directories. We are not a rich business and can't afford to throw solicitors at this. Credit Solutions are now involved giving us grief on the telephone regularly. Is this something that would be of interest, possibly helpful, to members? Would you be prepared to advise us?

:confused:

Hi there,

2 possible places to repost this message, with out knowing more I can not suggest the best place.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-broadband/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/

As for credit soloutions I would send them this letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

If the are calling you all the time it is harassment:evil:

Hope this gets resolved for you

Welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

use the template letters in order Stick to the timetable in there.

For instant live help please go to the chat room

Any advice given is purely based on personal experience and if in doubt you should seek further advice from a professional.

Useful for those claiming for the first time for a summary of steps.

At a glance guide to claiming.....

A-Z of useful links to this site.

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

A list of head office departments to send your requests to

list of places to send you correspondence to

Step by step instructions better safe than sorry!

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Templates If it aint broke dont fix it!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

Online claim or direct at court?

Getting MCOL Right

Finally good Luck.

jamesrap.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

Guest Big Lash
Welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

use the template letters in order Stick to the timetable in there.

I dont think its a bank that aaland is having problems with. Try and be more personal, maybe even read the queery. I would be quite insulted to recieve this if I had a problem:mad:

I think mochamoo has given the right places for you to investigate, perhaps evn have a look in the general forum, there may be some help there.

This site does get busy, and sometimes it takes a while for the right person to see a post which they have some specific knowledge about. What I'm saying is it may take a bit of time to get relevant/helpful advice, but I am sure you will get some given a bit of time.

Good luck

Thanks to all for your prompt replies.

I've checked all the suggested links and they contain useful information but the issue we have seems substantially different.

A quick summary might help point us in the right direction:

In March 2005 a BT Directories sales rep. called and as a result we ordered an entry in the telephone directory. We pointed out that receipt of proofs in sufficiently timely manner as to allow any required changes was fundamental and we would not go ahead without these. This was verbally agreed. The artwork was sent and a confirmation e-mail received stating proofs should be with us in 4-5 weeks. They never arrived despite much prompting. The order was cancelled by e-mailling the contact given to us by the sales rep. Before we could confirm cancellation in writing the directory arrived. The direct debit was cancelled.

Numerous letters, telephone calls and e-mails were sent in response to demands for payment but we received the standard letter stating 20% discount was the final offer. It also turned out that we could never have cancelled anyway as the cancellation date was 6 weeks prior to us agreeing to go ahead.

Seems to me this is a clear case of misrepresentation.

It may be that this is not the correct forum for this sort of issue and if that is your belief any advise on where we should more properly go would be much appreciated.

I posted here as researching Credit Solutions brought this site up regularly and thought that, even if this was not the right forum, our experiences might be of value to some of the other contributors.

Guest Big Lash

You will have the oportunity to cancel an order (a cooling off period) If you have proof that you were never given that opportunity, my belief is that the debt is unenforcable. I'm sure there are deadlines for printing etc, but thats NOT your issue, its theres.

The forum is probably general debt,issue, although 'credit solutions' appears to be a DCA so that forum is open to you as well.

Ultimately, post in either of these, and someone will be in a position to help.

continued best wishes

BL