• Tweets

• No you don't have to pay them.  it is their scam which the Courts know about. There was a classic case a few years ago that decided that £100 was not a penalty because that company had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear of cars that overstayed etc because they were there to maximise the availability of car park spaces. As Starbucks was closed in your case, Met have no legitimate interest so their £100 charge IS a penalty. Therefore the case would be thrown out. if they took you to Court and you turned up in Court to defend yourself. So no you shouldn't pay.
    • Thank you as always. Okay, will contact Tesco and will ignore the appeal, and will let you know what happens. You guys are superheroes.
    • A former Tesla engineer is in a decade-long battle with the car company, owned by Elon Musk.View the full article
    • what isn't working out....one very small issue, the rest is going perfectly fine. stop doing your usually running around waving arms and screaming on my god oh my god...sorry too used to you LMM even if you cant hold down a new bank account all is not lost .  ive not seen any reports that monzo refuse people  so go with them. pers as i said id NOT be using any switch service, as there are debts you want to stop paying and get them defaulted BEFORE you ever think of poss might could should pay them. its only a handful of stuff like rent/ctax/ etc that you need DD for ive not used DD's in almost 30yrs now nor use Standing orders, i do it by BACS each month priority bills first (can take roof from over my head if not paid) there REST all get paid if/when i've had the money. 2 well 3 things id dump too or get cheaper. cable/sat tv - ££6PCM . which i will is internet/tv/landline ? from whom that is very expensive. mine is £27PCM for 100MPS Broadband etc all in. 3 tv licence... who cant tell you are watching live tv even if you dont.... mobile phone £27? - go over to giffgaff no contract and as cheap as £6PCM even with mobile data (but use your home wf-fi when indoors!!) no need to keep using @Username, everyone that posted gets an alert like you do if someone posts. dx  
    • Critall windows date back to the 1880s but their steel construction makes them vulnerable to damp.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

help for my son **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my son got a barclays card for £400 he went over this limit and paid £575 through d d and they stopped taken the money off, in the last 2 weeks we have been inundated with phone calls from hfo demanding £207 but they would not tell him what this was for. we have now found out that they say the original sum due was £782 they have asked for it back at £10 a week to start paying now.while my son is paying this back can he claim any unfair charges back or is it to late now as it is in the hands of creditors.be greatful for any help on this.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My answer would be of course you can claim, and hopefully anyone who is/has been in a similar situation would be able to furnish you with details. Personally I would still deal with BCard as that was who the account was with, but if I'm wrong please someone correct me.

If your son has all his statements, then you can start with the prelim, or send off the SAR if he hasn't.

Good Luck :)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

just had a big argument with HFO services about the remaining £207 they are demandig the money so I said the debt was in dispute and offered £5 a week as my son is on benefits they wanted proof and I said it was none of there business he is offering £5 while the account is in dispute, final outcome I told him that he would receive a letter to say the account is in dispute he then said ok thats fine see you in court. I only offered to pay this in case anymore charges are put on, and barclaycard are saying they dont hold the account anymore if I knew the charges and what was added to his account I would not worry so much. The cards limit was only £400 as you will see from my post above so were did the rest of the money come from in such a short space in time. could someone please give me a idea how much the charges are.

Hi Folks

could someone give me some help here is this the right thread to be in as I said my son had a barclaycard for £400 paid £575 back now HFO services are hounding him for £207 I have sent a SAR to barclays and a copy to HFO with an account in dispute letter both sent recorded delivery got a letter back from HFO wanted some advice on it so do I put it in this thread or start another in the debt one

Hi Folks

can anyone one help although I have sent SAR to barclaycard what about the problems with HFO services should I stay on this thread or move to the DCA thread, need help about dealing with them, or do I run 2 different threads one in here and one in DCA. sorry if it sounds stupid but dont want to put things in the wrong place. :?

Hi Folks hope someone can help me with this dont seemto be having much joy here as I said in the above posts I am taking on barclaycard for my son I have sent a S A R letter to them. The problem is they passed it on to H F O services I sent them account in dispute letter and a copy of the S A R letter that I sent to barclaycard, Ialso sent them a C C A letter with a £1 postal order.

I received a letter today from Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors.

Dear Sir

re HFO Services Limited

we write to acknowledge safe receipt of your letter address to HFO services which has been passed to us to deal with.

We have today requested a copy of the signed agreement from our client and this will be forwarded to you with other documents you have requested in due course. Due to high demaand we have been advised by our client that there is an eight week delay

yours faithfully

the advise I need is do I reply to this letter now or do I wait and send a letter if they do not comply with th C C A letter which gives them 12 days +2 to reply to me.

A THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FROM A VERY WORRIED MUM

Hi Folks hope someone can help me with this dont seemto be having much joy here as I said in the above posts I am taking on barclaycard for my son I have sent a S A R letter to them. The problem is they passed it on to H F O services I sent them account in dispute letter and a copy of the S A R letter that I sent to barclaycard, Ialso sent them a C C A letter with a £1 postal order.

I received a letter today from Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors.

Dear Sir

re HFO Services Limited

we write to acknowledge safe receipt of your letter address to HFO services which has been passed to us to deal with.

We have today requested a copy of the signed agreement from our client and this will be forwarded to you with other documents you have requested in due course. Due to high demaand we have been advised by our client that there is an eight week delay

yours faithfully

the advise I need is do I reply to this letter now or do I wait and send a letter if they do not comply with th C C A letter which gives them 12 days +2 to reply to me.

A THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FROM A VERY WORRIED MUM

You do nothing, they have confirmed your letter so the clock is ticking. When 12 days + 1 month has passed you still do nothing.

They will then be required to take your son to court to request permision to chase the debt. they must then provide the court with the agreements and any T/C they rely on.

The agreement must be legible and signed in all the correct places.

Is it being collected on behalf of Barclaycard or do HFO own the debt?

If they have bought it they probably paid around 10% of it value to Barclaycard so depending on the amount they may just write it off.

Have fun.

• Haha 1

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Hi Debt Mountain,

Thanks for your help H.F.O. said they bought the debt from barclaycard, I will just leave it as it is then and hope for the best.

Thanks again rae may

Hi Debt Mountain,

Thanks for your help H.F.O. said they bought the debt from barclaycard, I will just leave it as it is then and hope for the best.

Thanks again rae may

so they paid around £20 for it. I don't think they would goto court for that. Is there any damage done to his credit file because of it? a default etc.

If they have filed it it may be worth seeing if they have an agreement. If not you should sue them for the damage there incorrect sharing of his data has done.

If there is no agreement then there is no evidence that they have his permission to share his personal data. No permission means don't share.

I have a few threads on Cabot and blackhorse where I am currently doing this with some success. Just follow the link in my signature for info.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

DM

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I dont know nothing about his credit file ( bit dumb here ) all we know is he paid back Barclaycard £575 for a £400 card we thought end of story till a few weeks ago phone calls from H.F.O. demanding £207. Thats when I did all the above just before I received the lawyers letter I got a letter from H.F.O. saying they would give him a substantial discount if he contacted them within 7days or they would hand it on to a solicitor

rae may

hi D.M. dont know what CRAs are and could you send me the addresses and on one of your previous posts you put T/C dont know what that is either sorry for being so dumb although I joined last year only been on here for a few weeks but Im getting there. Thanks rae may

• 1 month later...

Hi looking for a bit of advice 40 days up no statement from barclaycard 8 weeks up for the F.O.S do I write to barclaycard or send of the form to the F.O.S

Did you send the non compliance letter yet?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Send it now, they do normally respond to this.

Send it recorded, so you can track it on royal mail website.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Keep us all updated..;)

F&Q's... Read here

I will, just a quick question I sent a cca to HFO services about this account on the 30th april recorded delivery so i think that should be up on the 15th of june what do I do if I dont hear anything

If they havnt sent you any details by the 12th day, then you are within your rights to withold payments until they can be produced.

F&Q's... Read here